Christmas special: hero-in-training meets a king

(Set almost 8 years later. Yes I'm doing another special, mostly because I want to still have that jolly spirit when I release the new chapters and... we all know what happens in episode 3 of Arcane)

Surprised to see you again... well, not exactly. Anyway with the month of December in its way, it was time for holiday fun.

If you were a Piltie.

In Zaun, while Christmas was celebrated, they did things differently than Piltover. Even if Zaun was now recognized as their own Nation, thanks to their rulers, they all knew that simple peace would not be enough to undo years of torment on the city.

Zaun was no longer as poor, heck some buildings looked better than others, but from their rulers the Zaunites were told to keep things simple, as simple as it could be.

"Ekko! Are you here!?"

Or not-so-simple after all

With new rulers comes new changes, such as an alliance between the King and Queen with the firelights leader, and even if they have an alliance, some things were still icy between them.

"Yes! I'm over here!"

Right now the king was making his way over around the firelights sanctuary, towards Ekko's workshop, as he was told he wanted to experiment with something and it had to do with his powers.

The crown that stood on his head was a little lopsided, but to his wife, it was special. Ekko was tinkering away with his watch and turned around to find his former friend, well, now they consider each other acquaintances. "Nice for the king to grace me with his presence, considering his new title." Ekko said as Havoc just scoffed at him a bit, but he still had a small smirk on his face. "Well I didn't come here for nothing, now tell what it is you need my help on?" He said towards Ekko, and when he turned around, in his hands, was a watch.

"Your aware of the so-called Multiverse, right?" Ekko got his answer when the king raised an eyebrow as to signal 'no, but explain,' which he did. "Well, some people believe of this thing called the Multiverse, where there's multiple dimensions, however those dimensions only correspond to a single person, like say... you." Ekko said as he pointed the watch to Havoc, who just raised his eyebrows in interest. "So what does this have to do with me? And considering the last time I used my power towards you, we almost died." Havoc said with a small glare, not forgetting what happened last year. "Still holding a grudge, I see," "You had me in chains and injected me with infused sleeping medicine used for those who have insomnia," Havoc said as he glared at Ekko, a knife already in his hand.

Why he said that? You'll understand soon.

"... Anyway, the reason I called you here is because I believe I found a way to enter the Multiverse. Or at the very least try to understand it, and I believe your powers can work as an entryway," Ekko said, but that caught Havoc's interest, so of course he wanted to have fun. "Well, what you waiting for? Let's do it!" He yelled as his tail moved side to side in his excitement.

Ekko rolled his eyes, but went ahead and got his watch set on a table, "So what I believe could happen to make this work is you need to imagine what dimension you want to see, and think that while your using your powers, hit the watch and hope for the best," he explained as Havoc was all just excited to do this. Ekko went ahead and back away just in case something went wrong.

Havoc closed his eyes as he thought about what other world he wanted to see, 'Let's see.... Oh! I know!' Now with the world in mind, his hands sparked electricity as in his mind was...

'I want to see a world where almost everyone has powers, with a version of me that is almost always positive.'

He repeated that phrase and blasted the watch with his electricity, a green glow appearing around the watch. The two were looking at the watch expecting something to happen, and luck seemed to be on their side. The watch was glowing green and soon, they saw this portal under the watch, and the two watched as it fell inside the portal. "Well, looks like it's time to explore," Havoc said as he climbed on the table, "Are you insane?! You don't know where you could end up in!" Ekko yelled at him, but Havoc dismissed him instead, "I'm already insane! See you in a bit, I'll be back!"