Epilogue

"The deal needs to be kept."

Namjoon hears those words and suddenly he's where he was a few years ago. The Devil grins and he sees Yeojun looking the same as ever. "Welcome," The Devil begins. "I am quite glad to see that you're here. Tell me, was your life good?"

Namjoon reflects back on the life he had.

Your memories of being a demon were completely gone within the year. You had gotten an entry-level job but you were so proud of it. The two of you had moved out of the apartment into one of your own. You met Namjoon's family where they instantly loved you and that was one of his happiest memories where it seemed like you reunited with his mother.

He looks at his hands. They're wrinkly. You exhibit the same changes to your face and hands but your eyes are always youthful. He stood by your side even when in the hospital and when your memories began to decline. He figured it must have been the demon section of your life where you slowly started to lose them.

But Namjoon still stood by your side until your last breath.

It was fitting as he himself felt gone after that. He's not sure if it was the next day or later that day, but he remembered darkness.

And now here he was.

"It was perfect." Is his reply.

The Devil hums in acknowledgement. "I see." It snaps its fingers and smoke appears around Namjoon. He doesn't feel any change but when Yeojun produces a mirror, he sees that he's back in his twenties.

Pure solid black eyes stare at him back. Nothing about him changes drastically. The Devil begins, "Yeojun here will start teaching you the basics and I do welcome you truly."

Namjoon takes a glance at the wedding ring around his finger. He nods and follows Yeojun out of the room. He has a purpose to fulfill. Although he didn't really believe in demons and angels, the thought of reincarnation comes up. What if you reincarnated? It's a possibility and there forms a promise of where he'll wait for your soul to return to Earth.