Chapter 14

It was quiet between the two of you. No one spoke anything and you're feeling a bit... awkward. You had changed back into your original form. At the moment, you're not sure where you are at but your eyes glance towards a cute neighborhood with houses. 

Namjoon takes notice. "Did you want to go there?"

You shake your head. "No."

Finally, you think that your head is clearing up since you are very calm right now. At last, Namjoon is by the famous Han river. He takes a seat on the grass and prompts you to sit down as well. So you do.

It's calm out right now as you realize it's Saturday. Surprisingly, there's not much people out as it was the weekend. Your eyes glance at Namjoon, realizing he would probably finishing up assignments or studying a bit. "Aren't you going to study today?" 

He gives you a look. "Studying is the last thing on my mind right now." There's a pause and finally he says something. "So, I'm going to apologize. I was doing some thinking and I realize that I should have told you that night. I'm sorry."

Your eyes widen slightly. "I'm sorry too." You say, your knees are now pulled up. "I worry about you and it scared me that you left all of a sudden." You don't look at him but you could feel that he is happy.

"Well, are you back to being the little annoying puppy following me around?"

You shoot him a playful glare. "I have too! I don't know how you function out in this world."

"That makes two of us, right?" He teases, smiling. "You don't know about some things either."

You frown. "Okay, you may be right and that hurts my pride a bit." 

All of a sudden, there's a throb and you blink at the pain. Namjoon takes notice and already doesn't know what to do. "Is it happening again? Do we need to get back to the apartment?"

"N-No, I'm fine." You manage to stay and didn't realize that you went back to your human form. 

Namjoon is staring at you, watching for any other signs. At last, it resides and you give him a thumbs-up to show that you're okay. "Is it just headaches you get when this happens?"

You feel comfortable enough to tell him and you felt like he had a reason to know when you've been lying about it. "I've slowly been getting my human memories back. I can remember my mom and... I think when I died."

"What?" His eyes widen in surprise. 

"I remember running out of a club and then all of a sudden, I'm lying down on the ground while I see a demon above me." You furrow your eyebrows, trying to remember anything else. "I'm not sure what else happened."

It slowly clicks for Namjoon. "I'm sorry." He doesn't know what to say or do but makes up his mind to reassuringly squeeze your hand. "Did you...want your memories back?"

"I think I do but..." You trail off, searching for the right words. "The current me doesn't want to but the human me does... Does that make sense?"

"Surprisingly it does." Namjoon replies. "Listen, if it's your memories that you want, I'll help-"

"Namjoon?"

Both of you turn to the new voice that's entered the conversation. It's Eunyoung.

She looks annoyed and pissed at Namjoon. "You didn't answer my texts. Is it because of her?"

You connect the dots. Thanks to your headache, you returned to your human form. And in that human form, you're still wearing your club outfit. And you still happen to be in your human form. Ah. This is sooo great.