Chapter 1

After a long day of classes, Namjoon needed to rest. He went to his kitchen, took a fruit drink and looked around the apartment for his roommate Kim Seokjin. Looks like he wasn't here. He took a sip from his drink and headed towards his room. Closing the door, he dumped his backpack onto his desk and sat down at it.

He took out his things and decided to work on things from his electives. An hour later, Namjoon had lit up a candle to release the vanilla scent into the air. The relaxing smell hit his nose and he felt a bit better now. He could almost feel the stress float away. Namjoon's eyes stared at his next homework. To write two sentences in Latin. Ugh, he shouldn't have taken a language class! He should have gone with Japanese which he was familiar with but no, he thought it was a good idea to learn about Latin!

Namjoon took his time writing out the paragraph and at last finished it. Then he decided to read it outloud. He wasn't aware that he accidentally messed up a few words; ¨I like nature and trying to summon a demon. Plants are my favorite things and I offer my soul to the demon.¨

All of a sudden, lights started flickering and the lone candle flame went out. Namjoon jumped in surprise. He blinked and didn't know what was going on. Suddenly, a (f/c) smoke filled the room and something emerged from the smoke.

A wicked smile appeared on your lips as your eyes flashed to their demonic state. Pure black eyes. Horns were on the top of your head. Your outfit is a black long sleeve and black pants, reflecting the underworld. "Hello human! I'm Y/N, a lesser demon from hell!" The human stared at you, jaw slacked and eyes wide.

"Now marvel at my greatness!" Your arms were spread and eyes closed. After all, you were a pretty spectacular demon and would give the human a minute to take in your presence. It was all cut short when something was thrown at your head. Your eyes shot open and took a look at a dictionary on the floor. "Did you just hit me with a dictionary?"

"No?"

You picked up the dictionary. "Dude you did. You summoned me and the first thing you did was throw a dictionary at me."

"Get out of my apartment!" He then threw a notebook.

Unlike last time, you caught it and your eyes caught the words of science things. "Ew science." You commented. "But stop throwing things at me!"

"Just get out of my apartment!" Then threw his backpack.

The notebook dropped from your hand as you easily caught the backpack. A bit irritated, you threw the backpack at him and you were successful! It hit him in the face. "You summon me and get freaked out by me." You sighed and took a seat on his bed. "Now tell me what you want, human."

"I want you out of my apartment!" The human shouted. "How did I even summon you?!"

"You said, 'Trying to summon a demon and I offer my soul.'" You quoted him. "Plus you had a single candle and now I'm here to give you anything you want!"

The human looked a bit flabbergasted. "Demons are real?" He muttered to himself but you caught it. "Anyways, go back to hell or something!"

"Can't do that unless we make a contract and I fulfill the requirements." You crossed your legs together. "So, what did you want, human?"

He didn't say anything but glare at you. You simply stared at him with an amused look on your face. Then, someone knocked at the door which startled him. "Namjoon, you in there?"

"Y-Yeah!"

"Good. Do you have my shirt? I think we mixed up our shirts again." The door opened as another human came into the room.

The human named Namjoon started panicking as his eyes flickered over to you. It was kind of amusing. You stayed seated in your spot as the other human looked through his closet. "Doing homework?"

"Uh yeah." Namjoon replied, staring at you with a look of disbelief.

His friend grabbed another shirt from the closet and tossed the shirt he was originally holding onto the bed. Specifically right where you sat. "Sorry for interrupting you." Then he left the room and closed the door.

"How?!"

"I can choose if I want people to see me." You explained and stretched out your limbs. "So, when you want something, just say my name three times." A snap of your fingers and you were covered in (f/c) and then you disappeared. It was obvious the human didn't know what he wanted.

Namjoon stood alone in the middle of the room and tried to process what just happened. Ẅhat...?

Namjoon was paranoid for the rest of the night. Every time he walked into a room or even turned his head, he was expecting someone to be standing there. But no, you didn't appear the rest of the night until morning.

He screamed upon seeing your figure eating cereal on the table. "Oh hey." You casually greeted and ate another handful of cereal.

"What are you doing here?! I thought you were gone!" Namjoon huffed and was thankful that his roommate was gone for his early class.

"Yeah, I explored a bit to give you time to wish for something." You said and crossed your legs to be more comfortable. "So, finally think of something to wish for?"

"Yeah," He said and you perked up. "I wish you were out of my apartment!"

Then you were defeated. "Wow. Thought you would wish for something." You sighed and ate another handful. "Well, looks like I'll follow during the morning."

"Fine!" He threw his hands up in a dramatic way and went to make breakfast.

You watched him from your spot, eating more of the cereal. "So, your name is Namjoon?"

"How did you know?!" He pointed a... metal spoon at you.

"Uh, heard your roommate say it?" You were slightly amused by him. Usually, humans know what they want and you're back in hell in literally like three minutes. Sometimes you get the occasional strangler who doesn't know but it's within at least a couple of hours. This is a first of having stayed in the mortal world for so long.

He cursed underneath his breath. "Yes, Kim Namjoon and you're just Y/N?"

"Yep."

You hummed and leaned on the table. "I've never been to this university, it's pretty nice."

"Can't you know..." Namjoon whispered angrily. "Leave?"

"You seem smart but have a terrible memory, don't you?" You teased the human.

Namjoon frowned. "No, I have a great memory!"

"Apparently not." You replied. "Remember I can only leave this world if you make a contract with me. I can practically give you anything you want! So, when you do, just call my name." You stood up from the table. "Now, I'm going to go explore and see how much Seoul has changed." You waved your hand goodbye and walked away.

His eyes watched you until you disappeared. He's still in disbelief as he stood there. A couple of students glared at him for standing in the middle of the sidewalk but honestly, he couldn't care about them right now. He needs to figure out a way to get rid of you.