Chapter 10

You force a smile on your face. "Oh hey, uh, Taehyung, right?"

You can practically see him glow with happiness. "Yes, that's me!" He comes closer to you. "How are you today?"

"I'm good and you?" You reply. Your brain is thinking of how to end this conversation.

"I'm good as well!" His eyes flutter down to the bag in your hand. "Were you shopping?"

You're cursing him silently in your head. "Uh yeah but I'm done. Well, I have to go now so..." Your eyes flicker towards the end of the street. You're hoping there's a close alley around the corner for you to disappear in.

Taehyung looks a bit deflated. "Oh I see. Well, it was nice seeing you again and I hope to see you next time." He says it with an adorable smile.

It almost makes you feel guilty. Almost.

"Of course, I would like to see you again." And just like that, Taehyung blooms with happiness from your words. He nods and waves as you walk away. You can still feel his eyes on you so you quicken your pace and you're around the corner. There's an alley and you slip in without anyone noticing.

Quickly, you snap your fingers and return to your original form. Ah, it feels a bit better. You then snap your fingers and you're in Namjoon's room. You simply place the bag on his desk and then you take a seat on the ground.

You lean against his bed and now all you have to do is wait for Namjoon. If you were feeling better, you would be out there following him but it sounds like he would be too busy and besides, you need some rest.

So you decide to do that and close your eyes.

Thanks to Namjoon being loud, you're quick to open your eyes. It's his footsteps that woke you up. It takes him a minute longer as you hear him say something Seokjin and then he bursts into the room almost stumbling.

"Yo."

"What are you doing in my room? It's rare for you to appear." Namjoon says and drops his backpack on the bed.

You shrug nonchalantly, hoping he doesn't notice your off-behavior. "Thought I would keep you on your toes some more."

Namjoon simply rolls his eyes in which you smile at. You just like teasing him too much. "What did you get by the way?" He asks as he goes over to his closet.

"I got a nice necklace." You reply, watching how he takes out all his nice clothes and lays them on the bed. "And don't worry," You add, seeing the look on his face. "It wasn't expensive." You also hold out his card.

He takes it from you and puts it away. Then his eyes flicker between the clothes and you. You shrug. "Don't ask me for help, I don't know what's trending these days." He nods but goes back to making an important decision. He chooses a nice outfit that's all black - a black button-down shirt, black pants and black shoes.

Once he changed and went back to his room (he changed in the bathroom), you raised your eyebrows, a smile forming on your face. "You look handsome." You compliment him genuinely.

To your surprise, he shakes his head. You stare at him. "But you do! And I mean it."

Still, Namjoon shakes his head. "I don't think I do."

You furrow your eyebrows at him. "No, you do know and I'm not taking a no for an answer." You see how he looks a bit anxious. "Did something happen earlier?"

He looks hesitant to tell you but the look on your face has him spilling it. "W-Well, I heard some of Eunyoung's friends ask her who she invited and if they were attractive and I heard my name... Her friends... It seems that they don't like me..."