Chapter 69: The Call

Start from the beginning

"Love, they will contact you at some point.  You've just got to be patient for just a little while longer. I get it, it's going to be agonizing but staring at your phone all day will not make it any better," He says.

"I don't think I'm going to feel any better about this until I get the call. The wait hasn't proven to me that it's worth all the work yet," I admit.

"How about this.  You can come over to my place, and we'll watch movies all day until either they call, or we fall asleep. And we'll repeat it the next day if we need to too," He suggests

"Don't you need to go to work soon?" I bring up.

"No, we're off for the next few days on a small break. Then we're back to recording," I ponder about it for a moment.  I guess it would be better than sitting around here all day.

"Well...I suppose you've talked me into it. When is it good for you?"

"Right now," He answers.

"Wait what?"

"I'm wide awake now, and although it's highly unlikely that they'd call around this time, might as well make the day last. You asked what time it was good for me, and since I'm not occupied with sleep anymore, right now would be pretty good,"

"What about Harry?" I ask.

"Harry and Niall went out clubbing last night, so he crashed at his place for the night,"

"Oh, okay then," I respond. "So now?"

"Yup, now is good,"

*****************************

It wasn't any easier at Louis' place.  I did the same exact thing I did at my own flat, only this time Louis was sitting next to me.

"Could you not do that?" Louis asks me. I look at him.

"Do what?" I ask, acting as though I don't know what he's talking about. He gives me a dumbfounded look.

"Lola, you've been glancing at your phone about every five seconds now. No wonder you called me for help," Louis smiles. I gape at him.

"I did not call-" I stop midsentence, realizing that I sort of did.

"Exactly," Louis smiles. I stick my tongue out at him playfully, making him chuckle.

"I think I have an idea," He says.  He sits up on the couch and reaches for my phone, making me jump out and try to grab it before he does.  However, his reflexes are much faster and he holds it high above me, making it impossible for me to reach.

"Louis, give me my phone," I say calmly, restricting myself from trying to get it. He shakes his head and wears a sly smile.

"Nope, I'm going to keep it here right in my pocket," He quickly shoves the phone in the pocket of his sweatshirt and returns to his original sitting position and acting as though the last minute never happened.

"Lou-"

"Shh...I'm trying to watch the movie Lola," He says, staring at the TV screen and stifling a grin.  I let out a sigh of defeat and pull my knees to my chest and trying to pay attention what's happening on the movie that Louis put in about half an hour ago.  It was some action one, full of shooting and violence and I was already totally lost.  Although it had some pretty good music used in the background, I couldn't bring my mind to focus on any of it. 

It was around 6:45 now and I could feel myself shaking.  I wanted to check my phone so badly but I couldn't.  Louis didn't seem to notice my nerves and was intently watching the movie.  I felt a twinge of jealousy towards his calm and relaxed mood, especially this early in the morning.