★ The Confession Tree

「DATE AND TIME: September 6, 2022 - 12:30 PM」

★ Y/N'S POV -

What is this feeling? My eyes burning, my throat dry, my face tense, my stomach knotted. The moment playing in front of me was tearing me limb from limb. The setting sunlight reflected on their bodies, making it seem like it was from a dramatic movie scene, where the boy finally gets the girl.

But the person who wants him is witnessing it all.

I dashed out of the bathroom, my legs moving on their own. My ears numbing any sound except the sound of my shoes clacking on the wooden floor. My vision closing in by my tears.

I am completely unaware where I am headed. All I know that I don't want to see Yashiro or Hanako.

I am nothing to him.

I am nothing but a decoy to him.

I am nothing but a practice dummy to him.

I am nothing to him.

I am nothing at all to him.

I hold no value to him.

Not then, Not now, Not later.

Why would a boy like him

like a person like me.

I am nothing to him.

. . .

THE NEXT DAY

I awake by the poolside, my face dry and my clothes disheveled. The sunlight creates a glare. I dissolve my body into the pool. My mind is empty, no thoughts or pictures in mind.

Judging from the sun's position, it's late morning, which means it's almost lunchtime. I get up from the pool and walk inside the school.

I walked up the stairs up to the 3rd Floor. I walked in to see Hanako passed out on the windowsill. I could try and hate him but, he is too gorgeous to hate. There is too much history between us.

I sit against the wall, on the opposite side of room from Hanako. I open a tile, which opens to a small bunch of books. I pick up the last book, Pride And Prejudice. Didn't know that Hanako liked books like these.

I decided to read it while waiting for him to wake up. It's a beautiful story, really. It's about the chaotic relationship of a prideful woman and a rich prejudiced man.

I noticed that Hanako made mark-ups on the book, highlighting his favorite lines and writing marginal notes. He didn't do that to all of his other books he owned. This is probably his favorite.

I drop the book when I hear Hanako's voice.

"Y/N..? What are you doing here..? Are you okay?" asked Hanako, in a sleepy tone.

"I'm fine." I lied, sort of.

"You ran off yesterday. What's wrong?" he asked back.

"A mokke injured themselves so, I went to go and help." I lied, again.

"Alright-" Hanako said until he paused and looked at the book I was reading.

"Hey, give me that." Hanako said, snatching the book with a flustered face.

"Why? You don't want me seeing your cute mark-ups~?" I teased him.

"Maybe..." He replied, his face still flustered.

Hanako looks at the sun out the window and stands up, seemingly in a hurry.

"What time is it?" He asked, looking at the hallway and back at me.