★ The Misaki Stairs: Part 1

「DATE AND TIME: August 30, 2022 - 11:30 AM」

★ HANAKO'S POV -

"IT WAS Y/N-SAN, WASN'T IT??" belted out Nene

My mind started flashing unwanted memories, my head spiraling out of confusion, my chest heavy and lost my will to speak. I felt my eyes tense up and my teeth clenching together. 

I tried to gather my thoughts and my words but, I feel like the train of intense emotions keeping hitting me, as if it wants me to die all over again.

"I AM SO SORRY, HANAKO-KUN! I SHOULD HAVE NOT SAID THAT!" yelled Nene

"No." I blatantly said. "What is the matter, Hanako-kun?" asked Nene.

"I did kill Y/N-san"

╴✷ FLASHBACK

July 18, 1969 - 4:05 PM

"Oh, you are already here, Y/N-san" Amane said, walking up to see his trusted friend, Y/N, on the school's rooftop.

"Hey Amane-kun, what's the matter? You were late to class. That is unusual of you-" Y/N said with a teasing element in her voice.

"Nothing, I just woke up late..." Amane said, with his voice weak and scratching his arm.

"You don't wake up late."

"..."

"Please tell me what is wrong."

"No, I can't" 

"I saw the note that girl gave you."

"Oh really? Um, before you do anything stupid, it really d-doesn't bother me" stuttered Amane, praying that they didn't try to pick a fight with that girl. 

What happened was that a girl wrote and pass him a note that wrote "Kill yourself" and Amane really didn't mind it, it was the norm for him.

"Let's just say you guys have matching scars." said Y/N

"Y/N! WHY?" yelled Amane

"That girl wrote you for dead! What was I supposed to do?!" yelled back Y/N

"DON'T GET IN MY BUSINESS!"

"YOU KNOW, YOU ARE GETTING REALLY GOOD OF HOW TO MAKE EVERYONE HATE YOU!" yelled Y/N, with the shadow of the sunset looming over their face while the setting sunlight was casted on Amane's face.

"I SHOULD HAVE LEFT YOU TO BLEED IN THAT PARK" darted back Amane, he felt relieved that he got his emotions of his chest until he realized who he was talking to. Not only to his best friend and his practical obsession, but someone who gets enraged easily.   

Before he knew it, he felt a slap across his face. He looks up to see one of the horrifying faces a human can make. Their dead beat eyes entrapped him in a spiral of guilt, which makes him feel like he is being dragged to the depths of deep sea with no light to find.

"I am sorry..." Y/N whispered  

Without saying a word, Amane runs away from the rooftop and plans to sneak away to the library. Y/N has no energy to chase after him and feels that he needs his alone time. 

July 18, 1969 - 4:30 PM

Y/N still remained at the rooftop and still no sight of Amane Yugi. They felt empty and engulfed with the pain that they physically harmed their best friend. They broke away from their thoughts when a certain someone came and hugged Y/N behind them.