★ Hanako-san of the Toilet: Part 2

「DATE AND TIME: August 29, 2022 - 12:30 PM」

★ NENE'S POV -

"A FIELD!" squealed Hanako

"It's our school's practice garden! I'm in the gardening club!" I said

I grabbed a hoe and pierced the ground and yelled out, "My special skill is gardening !" 

Hanako looked unfazed and deadpan. "Wait! I grow flowers too! I'm plenty feminine !" 

I sighed and laid my chin on the stick. "I started gardening because a boy I used to have a crush on said that he liked "feminine" girls. I also started cooking and sewing. I was going to tell him I like him after I was good at all of them."

"When did you start liking him?" asked Hanako.

"Since right after I started junior high. I confessed my feelings to him a month ago. It took me three years." I said, somberly.

(FLASHBACK)

"Huh? You like me?"

"Who even are you? That's creepy. Plus you're not my type."

"I'm not into fat daikon legs."

(FLASHBACK END)

"But that was over a month ago! I'm totally over it now!" I squealed, hiding my face with my hands. 

"No, you're not." plainly said Hanako. Oh, like he knew a thing about romance and how it's like.

"I am! I am totally obsessed with Minamoto-senpai now! I'll get a wonderful person like him to return my love and prove that I'm too good for that guy!" I rambled. 

 "Oh. So anyone would do?" he said with a smile on his face. 

I stammered. Was he not listening to what I was saying?? "Of course not! Don't be silly, Hanako-san!" 

"You can say that, but I bet you don't even know much about Minamoto-senpai." teased Hanako.

"O-of course I do!" I started to get worried. No! I know a lot about Minamoto-senpai! Hanako is just a liar!

"Okay then, what is his first name?" questioned Hanako. I froze.

"Oh! A bug! I should feed him to the carp!" I said, obviously trying to avoid the question.

"Yashiro...Here." sighed Hanako.

"A message card?" I said while looking down at the small vintage heart-shaped card and pen that Hanako gave me.

"Yup! You can give that to your senpai this along with something you grew." said Hanako. 

★ AUTHOR'S POV -

「OPERATION: PRESENT」

The handsome Teru Minamoto had walked in class with a heart-stopping smile. He sees that everyone was surrounded his desk! Girls with their phones out, taking pictures, and boys whispering to each other. 

"Good morning. What's up?" said Minamoto-senpai

"Minamoto, look! There are summer vegetables on your desk!"

"Did you save a fox or something" 

"No." replied Minamoto.

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

"I thought Operation: Summer Vegetables was a good idea. It had the element of surprise." said Hanako, floating over the shoulder.

"It was not! It was a failure they thought it was a fox returning the favor!" Nene whined.