★ The Boy Exorcist

「DATE AND TIME: August 30, 2022 - 11:30 AM」

★ Y/N'S POV -

I am just flying around the old campus as I have nothing to do. Hanako-kun is bothering Nene-chan so, I am just waltzing.

Hanako says being a ghost is not fun and how draining it is. He says that it is so sad to see people that he cares about die or cry about him being dead. I mean I am bound to the school so, I can't see my parents. No one really cried about me in school, just shocked and sad. I have Hanako-kun with me and Tsuchigomori is one of my greatest friends. I am good friends with Yako. So, I have no idea of what he is talking about.

Wait, who is this kid? Why is he in the hallway during class?

The blonde hair, the golden staff...He must be part of the Minamoto Clan!! Oh no, he found a mokke, he doesn't seem happy at the sight of it. What if he exorcises it? I will guide to safety with my water. 

I create a water bubble and float it to distract it. The mokke sees the bubble, floating in the air and shining in the sunlight. It caught it's full attention and it follows the way of the bubble. The boy follows the mokke to try and stab it. Oh lord...There's a open window! I made my bubble go faster and outside the open window doors. And thank god, that the Mokke followed it. 

After that, the boy started laughing manically, yelling "I WILL FIND YOU, WONDER 7!"

This kid needs therapy. 

╴✷ SMALL TIMESKIP

I head up to the rooftop to see the sight of Hanako-kun and Nene-chan chatting, leaning against the balcony. It reminded me of when we were the same age as Nene-chan and made my stomach churn a bit. Oh whatever, it's probably nostalgia. I take a silent breath and step out of the shadows of the staircase. 

"Hello, lovebirds~ What is the tea?" I yawned out, playfully teasing them. Nene-chan's face flushed pink and Hanako-kun face-plamed his blushed face. 

"We aren't in love, Y/N-san... quit it." murmured Hanako-kun. "Fine fine, whatever you say. So, what were you two FRIENDS talking about?"

Nene-chan started, "I was talking about my dream of a handsome man to fall out of the sky for me~! But, Hanako-san keeps talking about "dO I kNoW tHE dIffErEnCe bEtWeN fICtIOn anD rEAliTY??" like can I not daydream??" I chuckled, Hanako-kun hasn't had any dreams about anything since we were alive. I try to make him excited for something but, he keeps saying no. He is stubborn as shit. 

"Yeah, man, stop raining on her parade or I will punch you back to 1969." I teased, leaning against the rail. "Blah Blah, whatever pool ghost." Before I could say anything, he flicked mine and Nene-chan's foreheads. That fucker.

"EVIL SPIRIT! HANDS OFF HER!" jumped down a mysterious boy. It was the boy from the hallway! "Oh! You are part of the Minamoto Clan!" said Hanako, excitedly. The boy looked a bit fazed but, shaked his face to go back to being serious, gripping his staff harder. He is so unprofessional. "MY NAME IS KOU MINAMOTO AND I SHALL EXORCISE YOU"

"I don't think you can pull off exorcising me". Hanako-kun calmly stated  Kou jumps up and lands a hit on Hanako's shoulder with his staff. Just then, a surge of energy zaps him, and seemingly paralyzed Hanako-kun, he falls over. Kou goes on to explain how his staff works, another super unprofessional thing to do-

"The raiteijou is a staff that turns the user's spirit energy into lightning that can effectively counter evil, or in this case you!" Kou goes in for a finishing blow, but Nene jumps in between the two. "I am Yashiro Nene and I won't let you hurt Hanako-san! He is a good supernatural and a great friend! My friend!"

I was honestly surprised by Nene's actions. Kou grabs Nene by the shoulders saying, "No! You have it all wrong! Hanako is a diabolical spirit that took somebody's life! You are being fooled and you'll just be another victim!" All the sudden, Hanako has his knife up to his throat, "I will not let you exorcise me."  

They swing at each other again, with Kou firing another blast of spirit energy, but Hanako is seemingly unfazed by it now. He then quickly seals the staff. "Hm, how come you got zapped every time you fired at Hanako-kun? Pretty weak if you ask me." I teased him. Kou is embarrassed that he noticed. Hanako smiles and says, "You could become a great exorcist, and we look forward to being exorcised by you!" said Hanako-kun. Which Kou is obviously confused by, his face is too hilarious, so I was chuckling away, trying to hold my coming laughing outburst. Hanako then delivers a final punch to the gut that knocks Kou out. "You are such a asshole." He collapses to the floor, when I made a large bubble and trapped him in it. 

"Y/N-san! You need to make him breathe!" worried Nene-chan. "Don't worry I replaced the poisonous gas with oxygen!" I reassured Nene-chan. "Poisonous gas!? I thought you were nice!" "You sadistic bitch"

╴✷ SMALL TIMESKIP

"Umm, Hanako-san, Y/N-san, what did Kou mean that Hanako-kun took someone's life." asked Nene-chan quietly. I saw Hanako's face contort to a face of slight fear. I brushed my fingers to his lingering palm, "you ok?"

"Hm, yeah I am...fine. No need to worry, Y/N-san." said Hanako softly. I knew he was just saying that as a cover-up but, I don't want to argue with him. For the reason, I might say her answer and I know he doesn't want to share that with her just yet.

"Nene-chan, I did take a life but, I won't tell you who it was-" 

"IT WAS Y/N-SAN, WASN'T IT??

❝ AUTHOR'S NOTE ❞

Damn a cliffhanger, thank you the peeps who want more of this story. It means so much to me <33

Till then, folks.

Yamane Yashiro