★ The Misaki Stairs: Part 2

「DATE AND TIME: September 2, 2022 - 12:30 PM」

★ NENE'S POV -

"...Have you heard?

There is a rule regarding that staircase that you must never break. You must never set foot on the fourth step. Why? Because...

...you will be taken to the other side."

"Why do you say tell me so many rumors, Ao-chan??" I whined, I was getting tired of all the rumors. Especially the one about Hanako-kun, he didn't kill Y/N-san, I mean Hanako-kun did have a blurting habit, so I just ignore that.

But, I am so worried of Y/N-san, I haven't see them since they excused themself from "Hanako-kun's murder confession" which isn't even true.

"Oh! Lunch is over!"

Ah, my mind was so much in the clouds that didn't eat much of my food! My mom is not going to happy with me...

「DATE AND TIME: September 3, 2022 - 9:30 AM」

★ NENE'S POV -

"Where are Ao-chan flowers??" I yelled out of shock, the plants were entering full bloom yesterday and now, they are gone! All of Ao-chan work!

"Who?" "There was flowers?" "Do you know a Ao-chan?" "Who would plant flowers here?"

It's seems like no one remembers Ao-chan, but the teacher will know! The roster!

The teacher came in and everyone bowed down at him. I raised my hand to hopefully get some answers.

"Sir, is Aoi-chan absent?"

"Aoi? There is no Aoi in our class"

No Aoi..? I couldn't take this anymore, my mind is warping to nothing, my anxiety is skyrocketing, and I feel drowned in the dark sea of loneliness.

I ran from my seat and bursted open the door and ran through the hallway like I never ran before.

I pulled out my phone and called Aoi's mom.

"Hello, Aoi Residence. How may I help you?"

"Hi, it's Nene, is Akane-chan home?"

"Um, sorry, there is no one named Akane in this household. You must have called the wrong house-"

"No, wait-"

"Sorry, goodbye!"

click

I felt my eyes watering, tears running down my face ever so quickly. I panicked to Hanako-kin and ran to his bathroom.

★ AUTHOR'S POV -

"Hanako-kun!!" screamed Nene, dashing in Hanako's bathroom, in a panic.

"What's wrong, Yashiro??" replied Hanako, jumping down from the windowsill. 

"A-aoi..she's gone!"

"Ah, that just proves my theory right.." murmured Hanako

"W-what theory..?"

"That she is in Number 2's boundary"

"N-Number 2?"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YOU VILE GHOST!" shouted Kou, who emerged from the dark hallway and into the bathroom's doorway.

"You jerk! What'd you do with my classmates Yokoo and Satou?! I know this is your doing! Spreading those weird ghost rumors! Why can't anyone remember them?!" yelled Kou, who grabbed and shook Hanako harshly.