★ Shimizu of The Blessed Waters

「DATE AND TIME: August 29, 2022 - 4:50 PM」

★ NENE'S POV -

"However, that means he can't grant your wish and you will turn into a fish permanently." 

The moment my brain comprehended the words they said, my body froze with a sharp pain in my chest, my stomach turning into knots, and my mind spiraling so fast that I feel like jumping into the pool. 

My mind couldn't take it no more, all I wanted was someone to love me, but now, I am involved with all of this chaotic mess of supernaturals. I should have listened to Hanako-san. I should've-

"Are you okay-?" I saw Y/N's face, snapping their fingers. I saw them but, my mouth couldn't move. I feel like I am in sleep paralysis but, I am awake and I feel the intensity of my emotions, crushing on my body. 

SPLASH! 

Until now, I feel free from my pain, as if my knots untied themself to freedom or my pain in my chest just turned into a flower. 

Wait, I am in water. . .

I swam out of the pool as quickly I could, pulling my now free body from the water, and quickly drying myself with a towel. My uniform was still soaked but, I could do anything about that. 

I saw Y/N laughing like a hyena with Hanako-san lecturing them but, Y/N didn't have care.

"You could have seriously hurt Yashiro!" scolded Hanako, his eyebrows furrowed, a rare expression on his face. "So-? I had to wake her up in some way. Don't worry my pool goes as far as 6 feet!" replied Y/N, their face still recovering from all the laughing they did. 

"Doesn't matter, she could've turn into a fish, what if you pushed her too hard and landed on the bottom! What if Yashiro didn't land on the deep end?" lectured Hanako. Y/N seemed calmer until a smile cracked their face. "Why are so protective, You have a crush on Yashiro-san?" teased Y/N. 

As soon I heard those words, I froze. My face blushing, burying my pink face into the white towel, and my mind flustered. 

★ HANAKO'S POV -

"NO! I DON'T LIKE YASHIRO-SAN!" I screamed, my face turned super red to the point that steam was coming out my face. "You two look so cute~ Hanako and Yashiro sitting in a tree~ K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love. Then comes marriage. Then comes baby in a baby carriage!" sang Y/N. 

My face began tense up, it pained me to see that Y/N was shipping me and someone else. When all I ever wanted, was to be shipped with them, just like when we were younger. My eyes started to form little tears and my cheeks turning pink. "Quit it, Y/N" I said in a baby voice.

"Aww, how can I say no to that face~!" said Y/N, cupping my cheeks. Showing me a smile I loved since I was just a little boy in a simpler time. 

"Alright, wipe those tears! It's useless crying over little things!" said Y/N. Those words gave nostalgia, as they would always say that back when we were kids. Y/N was always more mature and more philosophical than me but, acted more of a child than me. Make sense for a kid who grew up in the worst part of the city. 

"So-how long have you knew each other?" asked Nene. I wiped my forming tears while Y/N answered her question.

"Let's see, 63 years, 5 months, and 6 days!" said Y/N proudly. Nene seemed baffled and shocked. "How could you do that math in your head?!" I stepped up and proudly said, "Y/N was a math whiz when we were kids! They were in a high-school level math class and still outdid everyone!" 

"Wow! Y/N, that is so cool!" said Nene, looking happy. She pulled out a notebook and started to ask questions. I knew Y/N was going to overshare about themself and they were not going to give a flying fuck. 

"When did you die?" asked Nene, a pink and fuzzy pen in hand and a spiral notebook, sitting down on the picnic table with Y/N on the other side. "1969! I remember I saw Apollo 11 lift-off on TV before I died!" said Y/N without a problem. "How did you die?" asked Nene. "Umm, I actually don't remember much, just a bong to the head. Must have been a baseball bat."

That was a lie. They know how they died, who killed them, and where they died. But, I know Y/N will never reveal that. Only I, the killer, and our old teacher knows. 

"What is your favorite thing to do?" asked Nene, continuing her questions. "I always love stargazing on the school rooftop at night. I often make a blanket fort up there and Hanako-kun will always join me!" 

"Last question! What was your status at a student back in your day?" I knew Y/N will never admit to this so, I will butt in and answer for them. "They were the rebel of the school, the coolest kid in the school. Picked fights often and they always won them!" Nene looked at Y/N in awe. "Really?! That is so cool!" 

That made me think. Y/N could have been friends with anyone, but still chose to be friends with me. They still chose to stargaze with me, they still chose to get in trouble with me, they still chose to go the festival with me, they still chose to look after me when I had my heart condition.

I still feel like it was my fault they died, that if only I didn't get mad at them, they would be alive, I would be alive. I made a promise with them when we were just little, I would go to the moon with them and wouldn't go anywhere without them. 

And On July 20, 1969, the Greatest day of Mankind, when man went to the moon, would be the worst day of my life. 

It was the day I lost my best friend.

❝ AUTHOR'S NOTE ❞

Damn this was a emotional ending. Was it good? Please tell me if you like this writing style. 

Till then, folks.

Yamane Yashiro