Tanjirou and Sun Breathing

"Sun rises, but falls every day, like that, the moon and sun might share the same sky but never touches, like how it meant to be, and not meant to be..."

*********

As Tanjirou was busy murmuring and sweat dropped over the thought of the swordsmith killing him, Yuki glanced at the window and beamed brightly at the sight of a black raven tapping gently against the window sill,

"Well? Look who is here!" exclaimed Yuki happily and she opened the window, "Welcome Kuro!"

Tanjirou looked up and stared at the bird in surprise,

"A duck?-"

And that is what you shouldn't say to Kuro if you didn't want to be pecked by an angry bird, in this case, Tanjirou did, a lesson learned,

"I'M A PHOENIX GODDAMNIT," bellowed the phoenix, while pecking the boy as if its life depended on it, "DON'T. YOU. EVER. COMPARE. ME. TO. THOSE. FILTHY. BIRDS!!!"

"Alright calm down Kuro." said Yuki soothingly as she held him back, for Kuro would have pecked Tanjirou to death and gnawed his ears out, and to Tanjirou she whispered, "You should say sorry Tanjirou-kun, or else Kuro will see you as an enemy, and I don't think that's good for you."

"I-I'm sorry for calling you a duck!" apologized the boy quickly, "I-I ask for your forgiveness!"

"Buy me mochi then I'll consider that!" huffed Kuro, but the boy relaxed since the tone was calmer.

But that didn't last for long, as Kuro's neck fluffed up at the sight of Rengoku grinning and the next minute, he was cawing, gnawing Rengoku's left ear, pecking at the hashira's head furiously.

"YOU!!!" he shouted, and pecked him once more, "HOW. DARE. YOU. LOST. MY FEATHER?!!!! DO. YOU. KNOW. HOW. IMPORTANT. THAT. IS?!!!!"

Yuki quickly grabbed the phoenix by his wings and stroke his pelt as the bird calm down,

"Kuro values those feathers," she explained softly, "And because of the feather that I gave you Rengoku-san, I managed to save your left eye!"

"How does it work?" asked the Flame Hashiras curiously.

"Well, imagine the wounds is your thirst," said Yuki, pointing to the cup, "And water is Kuro's feathers. It's simple."

"So, the larger the amount of water is, the more satisfied you get, but if the amount of water is reduced," she poured the water back into the jar, "Then the less satisfied you got. The same works with the feather, but the amount of water is replaced by the amount of damages it had."

"So less damage means higher healing?"

"Yep."

 "I see..."

"Rest time for you young boy!" cawed Kuro suddenly, "Tomorrow is training day! Caw!"

"Let's get you back." smiled Yuki to Tanjirou and they left the room together, with Kuro and Shiro beside them...

Time skip to TOMORROW...

"Alright, let's warm up!"

Currently, the three boys were out in the yard and Shiro was lecturing at them,

"40 laps around the estate, do 70 pushups, swing 100 times, and all of that in Total Concentration Breathing: Content!"

"EHHHH?!" wailed Zenitsu, "NO THAT'S TOO HARD! TANJIROU HELP ME WAHHHHH!!! THIS WOLF WANTED TO KILL ME!!!!!"

"DO IT OR I'LL MAKE YOU DO DOUBLE!" Shiro yelled back at him and started to head-butted the boy, "TANJIROU DRAGGED HIM!"

"U-uh, y-yes Shiro-san!" stammered the burgundy and he hurriedly ran away, dragging his friend Inosuke laughed and followed straight behind.

"Chill Shiro," chuckled Yuki as she sipped her tea.

"You're going too hard." Kuro chipped in, he was now in his phoenix form since he nearly got eaten by Inosuke for mistaking him for a raven.

"They'll thank god for those training." argued the wolf back.

"But pushing them off their limits is not good." smiled Yuki softly, "Since we're just mortal, not god."

Shiro stood in silence as Yuki's voice rang through her ears,

"All have their limits, even gods..."

--/--

"So..." Yuki titled her head at Shinjurou, "Mind telling me about Sun Breathing?"

A few moments earlier, Tanjirou decided to go to the Rengokus' estate to find out about Hinokami Kagura, but unfortunately, or fortunately, Shiro caught him climbing out of the window, Yuki laughed so much at the tale that her mask slipped down, revealing her face. She then told him that he could go, only if he allowed her to tag alone, to which the boy agreed. 

They went to the estate and met Senjurou, who is Rengoku's little brother. Then they meet Shinjurou, the father of the brothers, and he wasn't very nice. He hit Tanjirou and was shouting something about Sun Breathing and attempted to hit him once more before Yuki stopped him, she smiled, telling him to calm down, and offered to talk about it, which surprisingly, he agreed.

"Sun Breathing is the original breathing, every breathing comes from that," Shinjurou began, staring at the ground, "It's the strongest breathing."

"Was," added Yuki before she could stop herself.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Who's the creator of Sun Breathing then?" clearly Yukid didn't want to continue so the man just answered,

"Yoriichi Tsugikuni."

"Hah! I knew it." thought Yuki silently, "That old man cannot hide anything from me...or Shiro."

"It's great to talk to you, Shinjurou-san." Yuki told him as she stood up and bowed, "But I have one more question before I go..."

"And what might that be?" he furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance.

"Why did you say that Tanjirou uses Sun Breathing?" she stared at him seriously, "He didn't even know that."

"His earrings, I read in the book that the Sun Breather used to have those earrings." replied Shinjurou, "Now, as you have finished asking those questions, go."

--/--

"That's a lot of information." murmured Shiro when Yuki got back to her estate in the mountain, "Who knew that man had a descendant?"

"Yori had a descaendant? But he didn't look like the kind of person who likes to train others." commented Kuro.