What Had Happened?-

"Memories...are like rivers."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Tanjirou's opened his eyes, gasped, and sat up, he was in a bed at the hospital wing and could not remember how he got there,

"So you've finally decided to wake up." said a voice beside his bed, the boy turned and saw none other than Yuki, looking amused,

"I thought you were going to hibernate like bears or something." she chuckled.

"How long have I slept?" he asked her timidly.

"Four days," she smiled, "Four days and 2 hours and 23 minutes."

Tanjirou gaped at her words,

"Did she count the entire time?" he wondered silently.

Just then, the door opened and Shiro walked in, a tray floated beside her as the door closed on its own.

"Medicine." she growled curtly to the boy, "You better get better or I'll train you to death."

"Shiro!"

"Yeah yeah." the wolf rolled her eyes and levitated the tray next to Tanjirou's bed.

"Ah!" the boy widened his eyes, remembering, "How's Rengoku-san and the others?"

"The boys and Nezuko are fine," replied Shiro, "But that man..."

Tanjirou swallowed hard, he expected something wrong that happened but Yuki hummed and stared out of the window, murmuring to herself as Shiro flattened her ears as she lashed her tail and paced around the room, clearly losing in her thoughts. 

This made Tanjirou feel left out, and for several minutes he stayed silent, but eventually, he spoke again, asking the same questions,

"What happened to Rengoku-san?" he asked timidly, the wolf and girl snapped back to reality and stared at him, Shiro titled her head, then squinted at him,

"Perhaps you would want to follow us, your condition is ok to walk and the room is not so far from here." she told him, "It'll be better to see that say."

Yuki stood up and looked at the boy, 

"Wanna come?" she smiled, "You'll be surprised."

Hesitated at first but reluctantly, Tanjirou hopped out of bed, and together the trio quietly walked along the hall before reaching a room, Yuki opened the door and lead them inside. There lay Rengoku, with bandages over his left eye, he turned towards them and then beamed,

"Well, who is it?! Young Kamado, nice to meet you!" he boomed, then turned to greet Yuki and Shiro, "You two too!"

"Yeah, and my ears hurt," murmured Shiro quietly to herself.

Yuki shot her a glance, the wolf's ears dropped and two chairs flew across the room, one hit Tanjirou, making him sit on it then flew over the Rengoku's bedside while Yuki caught the other and sat down next to the boy.

"So, it seems like Tanjirou didn't remember anything, and neither did Rengoku-san," she happily stated, "But that's alright, it's temporary memory loss, and the perfect time to explain everything that happened."

"Perhaps the best is to start from when I arrived, do you remember that moment?" she looked at the males and they nodded, "Good, as you know Rengoku was injured at that time, and can be dead if we haven't arrived on time."

Flashback...

"Ah, so you have a backup, don't you Kyojuro?" smiled the demon, looking at the needles across its arm, "Wisteria poison, interesting."