ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 18

҉

"Right right" Hobie cleared his throat and tried to ignore the scene he had just witnessed as Nia handed him some fries (chips) from an already opened bag as she discretely shoved bits of chocolate under her hair for Venom to enjoy.

They finished their food in Nia's room as she played around with Hobie's guitar while he ate his last bite of food. It had taken her nearly all of the six months she had known the male for him to allow her to even touch the guitar even when she had assured him she used to play a bit.

As she strummed random chords on it trying to see its reach, the door of her bedroom opened and her father entered with a large smile on his face, freezing the moment the older man's eyes laid upon Hobie who was sprawled on top of his dear daughter's bed leisurely.

Nia remained frozen even when her father slammed the door of her room shut, leaving her and the other man in the room alone.

"Hmhm. Hi dad. I...I didn't hear you come in" Nia rubbed the back of her neck once she and Hobie's finally exited her room.

They were currently sitting on the living room sofa with her father staring down at them threateningly. The man had a very large frame which would have intimidated most, but Hobie wasn't most. The carefree young man had unashamedly slung his right arm over the back of the sofa behind Nia and had one leg rested on top of the other, a small smirk nearly tugging at his lips which could be seen due to the small dimples it created at the corners of his mouth.

Ф

Nia looked down at her feet in embarrassment after her father had finished his whole speech about making sure Hobie protected her and didn't leave her side, even though she had tried insisting that they were just friends.

"...And if he's going to come around here Nia you have to make sure to leave your bedroom door open" he chastised her.

"Yes father" Nia mumbled under her breath.

"Good. Now then, do you like lobster?" Emilio said nonchalantly as if he hadn't spent the last half hour chastising both teens.

Ф

Once they cleaned off the dishes after enjoying their seafood dinner, Emilio missed the top of his daughter's head goodnight and pointed two fingers to his eyes and then back at Hobie in the typical 'I'm watching you' motion. When the man was in his room, Hobie and Nia shared a look and then burst out in silent laughter.

"I like your father love" Hobie said to her.

"Really?" Nia chuckled "Yeah he's a nice man. A good father"

As they stayed silent in the middle of the kitchen, their watches lit up.

"Gwen!" Hey both shouted when they read the message.

"Shall we my lady?" Hobie offered her his arm.

"Oh what a gentleman" Nia teased, hooking her own arm around the male's who looked down at her fondly "Oh wait! Your suit!"

She waited a bit as Hobie put his suit back on and then came out, taking her time to type in the coordinates of the world Gwen was in right now.

Ж

"I'm not following what's happening" Pavitr said in confusion.

"Miles, do you want us to do something, or do we just stand here?" Gwen asked the boy.

"No! I'm absorbing it so I can send it back!" Miles replied "Please hold your questions until I'm done breaking this thing!"

"Oí!" the remaining three spiders turned around to see the two people approaching them from behind.

There was a weirdly drawn Spider-Man with a electric guitar which he played as he jumped onto the shield, breaking it with another spider person dressed in a completely black suit followed close behind.

"Nia!" "Hobie my guy!" Gwen and Pavitr shouted out.

"Look at that. Other ones" Spot said with his hand on his hip "I love how many different variations of your guys there are. I mean..."

He was interrupted as Hobie and Pavitr got together and started to do some weird kind of greeting that left Miles more than confused at what they were saying.

"What's this dude saying?" Miles asked.

"It's English for 'we get along great and we're close friends'!" Pavitr answered his question.

"I don't understand them either when they get like that" Nia told the young male as she stepped up to them to greet Gwen with a hug "Hi I'm Nia"

"I'm...Miles" Miles said, shaking her hand.

"Is this the other one from 1610?" the spider named Hobie asked.

"I loosened it!" Miles shouted.

"Hey! A bit of advice..." Miles looked down to see Hobie leaning against one of the computers there "...Use the palm, not just the fingers. Also your bleeding from your armpits?"

Ж

As Gwen introduced the two spiders, Weaver put their mask back over their head and face as she leapt to defend Pavitr from the oncoming attacks of the weird white and black dude.

"You doing okay Pav?" Nia asked him even as she lowered her head away from one of the black holes that the other individual threw at her.

"Fine fine. Just a little preoccupied here!" Pav shouted back, webbing away from the thing.

With each passing moment, the collider's hum grew louder, its energy threatening to rupture the delicate balance between dimensions. Nia, Pavitr, Hobie and Gwen leapt together to try and get a jump on the Spot only to get sucked into a huge hole and all of them getting thrown in a pile against the wall.

"You alright there love?" Hobie grunted in pain as they all stood back up.

"Just fine. I think I snapped my arm" she groaned as she stood up, everyone seeing how her arm was a faint the wrong way.

"Oh maybe you want to stay down" Miles said as he kept his eyes on Spot.

"Na it's fine" Nia groaned in pain as Venom snapped her arm back into place and healed it.

"Chocolate?" Venom asked her.

"When we're done buddy" Nia told him ignoring the disturbed look Miles gave her "Let's go stop that guy"