ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 15

҉

Nia and Pavitr stared at each other before they both placed masks over their faces once more, whipping their webs to follow behind the man. Nia wasn't sure why Hobie had brought her to meet another of his few friends but her thoughts got caught off when her watch chimed out.

"Hobie!" she shouted out, calling for the young man.

He stopped and waited for her to join him.

"My watch is lighting up, what do I do now?" she asked him.

"I guess your being called for your first mission. Alright Pavitr I'm going to go with her and I'll come back to visit as soon as I can" Hobie clasped hands with his friends.

"Sure dude" they said their goodbyes and the younger boy left after saying his own goodbye to Nia and Venom respectively.

"You ready again love?" Hobie asked Nia.

She nodded and waited patiently as Hobie typed in another coordinates into his watch, opening a portal to the Spider world.

Ф Six Months Later

"Watch your heads!" Nia shouted out, warning Hobie and Gwen as they dodged an incoming attack from the anomaly they had been hunting down.

"Cover my right Nia!" Gwen shouted as she pirouetted above the huge rhinoceros man.

Nia webbed the right side of the creature while Hobie did the same on the other side, keeping it immobilised as much as they could. Gwen rushed at it head first and knocked it out with one hit, the huge body falling sideways unconscious.

"Nice" Nia high-fived the younger girl happily as they restrained the rhinoceros.

"What 'bout me princess? Do I get some love too?" Hobie teased her.

Nia smiled at the cocky British male and high-fived him as well, him grabbing her hand and interlocking their hands together. Gwen smiled at the pair.

"Hey Nia, Hobs?"

"Yeah?" both of them turned to their friend.

"I...was thinking of going to visit Miles" she said.

"That great Gwen. But why do you ask us?" Nia said as she struggled to get her hand out of Hobie's grip.

"I...just wanted to know what you would think about it" Gwen rubbed her arm, kicking the rhinos face to knock him out some more as he was starting to groan.

"You do know you don't need our approval don't ya Gwenny?" Hobie told her as he then sung his arm over Nia's shoulder, their hands still together and kind of choking her.

"Yeah you're right"

"Go ahead Gwen, we'll take this guy back to HQ" Nia told her as she managed to get rid of Hobie's hold.

"Thanks you guys" Gwen smiled at them and said goodbye, leaving through another portal to visit her friend.

"Hey Hobs, is Miles the boy she told us about?" Nia asked the young man as they walked away from the new universe, Venom pulling the unconscious body after her.

"Can I eat his head?" Venom asked, appearing between both Hobie and Nia.

"No!" "No!" they both said to him.

"Maybe later" Nia whispered to her symbiote quietly.

Ф

After they had left the rhinoceros back in HQ, Nia imput her world's coordinates into her own watch making the portal open before her. As she walked over to it, she realised that Hobie was still following close behind her so she turned around to face him.

"What? You want to come?" Nia asked him with a small smile. He smiled down at her and stepped forward so close their chests almost touched, making Nia shake her head with a small chuckle "Let's go then"

He took her hand and went inside with her, both of them being sucked through the lights back to Nia's home. With a grunt Nia stumbled to keep her balance as they reached into her bedroom while Hobie landed much more gracefully.

"I though that by now you would be used to this love" Hobie chuckled in amusement.

"Shut up" she mumbled to herself.

"Nia darling! Are you home?" the front door opened as her father made his way upstairs to her room.

"Eh...yeah dad just a second!" Nia shoved Hobie into her closet and forced him to fit in it, his head having to kneel down due to his height "Stay in there until I tell you to come out"

Hobie smiled down at her and she closed the door in his face, jumping across her bed to open the room's door for her father.

"Hi dad"

"Hi darling, how's everything going?"

"Oh, oh great dad. How was work?" Nia asked as she tried to keep him away from the closet, hoping under her breath that Hobie would stay still.

Nia's heart raced as she engaged in small talk with her father, desperately attempting to divert his attention away from the closet. She could only hope that Hobie would remain obediently hidden until she gave him the signal to emerge.

As her father recounted his day at work, Nia nodded and smiled, offering occasional responses to maintain the façade of a normal conversation. Her mind, however, was consumed with worry. She wondered if Hobie's tall frame would make him too conspicuous inside the cramped closet. Would he accidentally knock something over or make a noise that would give away his presence?

Time seemed to stretch as Nia struggled to maintain her composure. She cast frequent glances toward the closet, silently willing Hobie to stay still and silent. The muffled sounds of her father's voice blended with her racing thoughts, amplifying her anxiety.

"All right then darling, I'll leave you to your things. Just don't forget that I have a dinner tonight so I won't be home till late" Emilio told her, ruffling the top of her head and messing her locks up.

"Dad stop" she chuckled "Alright I'll see you tomorrow"

With her father's footsteps fading into the distance, Nia rushed to the closet, her heart pounding with a mixture of excitement and relief. She swung open the door to find Hobie, still crouched down but wearing a mischievous grin.

"You did it!" Nia exclaimed, her voice a mixture of triumph and admiration.

"Piece of cake," he replied with a wink, Hobie nodded, stretching his legs and standing up.