ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 13

҉

Behind it was a pale skinned woman with freckles splashed across her cheeks and nose. Her eyes were a bright color that even Nia could see from the distance between them and her.

"Okay just go easy on her. I need to go, you coming Jessica?" the woman said as she patted the man on the shoulder.

Once the two older women were gone, Miguel's expression changed.

"Who are you first off?" Miguel asked her.

Nia looked at Gwen who nodded at her to proceed and introduce herself.

"I'm Nia Rivera" she to.d the man "And what do you mean I'm an 'anomaly'?"

"Just what I said" the man responde as the platform finally reached the floor and he stepped down from it, ambling over to them "You, Nia Rivera, are an anomaly. You were never supposed to be Venom"

"Excuse you?" Nia said, her eyes widening in surprise at his biting tone.

"Just like I said, you were not supposed to be Venom. Eddie Brock was supposed to die but the parasite he had was not supposed to go to you or should not have been able to bond with you" Miguel said, taking a few steps forward.

"Back off big guy" Venom came out when he saw the man was getting far too close to his host for his liking, making him back away a bit "And I am not a parasite"

"Miguel, was it?" Nia asked "Well then, Miguel this is Venom. Venom, Miguel"

"Can't say it's a pleasure" the symbiote retorted.

"Neither can I" the man and the black floating head faced off, growling at each other while Nia was unsure of how to stop them from doing so.

Hobie and Gwen caught her eyes from the corner they were at but they offered absolutely no help to her. Luckily, the man was more mature than the hundreds of years old symbiote and backs off.

"I asked them to bring you here because I was still curious as to why your own universe did not fall apart the moment that creature bonded with you" Miguel said, now more mellowed out as he approached her "A man named Mac Gargan was supposed to be the next Venom"

"Well, here I am. And as long as I know, my home is perfectly fine" Nia said, spreading her arms out "And I was expecting to join your group since these two..." Nia twisted her upper body back to face the other two people in the room, making Gwen turn her head away and Hobie smirk at them "...told me such great things about this"

"No" the man said dryly.

Ф

Nia spent the following 15 minutes convincing the man to let her join and she actually managed to wear him down, as well as Venom who kept denying granting their help to them without getting heaps of either chocolates of tater tots in return.

Gwen led them out as they left Miguel pinching the skin between his eyebrows and even muttering Spanish under his breath as she looked down at the small shiny watch on her wrist (which had momentarily hurt when it had clicked onto her skin).

"All right you made him mad, I respect that princess" Hobie told Nia with a casual smirk, his hands still stuck in his pockets.

"You're lucky he agrees so easily" Gwen told her "It took me a bit longer and the help of Jessica to have him agree to let me do so myself"

"I must have some kind of charm" Nia said with a small smug smile.

"You sure do luv" Hobie chimed in, his head coming down on her shoulder as he walked right behind her and Gwen.

Nia shoved his face away, turning her face from him to keep both him and the blonde from seeing the very small blush that came to her cheeks.

"So, what do I do now?" Nia asked them.

"I'm not sure. Maybe go back home for now and wait for them to tell you what to do?" Gwen shrugged her shoulders.

"Sure. Hey wait, here" Nia struggled to get her phone out of her small pockets, unlocking and handing it to the blonde girl "Safe your phone number there. I'm not sure if it'll work considering we're, not from the same place, but if you need anything, call me, or try to"

Gwen happily did so and before Nia was able to take her phone back, Hobie snatched it up.

"Hey!"

"Give me a second princess" Hobie told her, also typing into the phone he was holding above her head.

Ф

It didn't take long for the coordinates to be typed into the watch with Hobie surprisingly showing Nia how to use the gadget easily.

"I'll see you guys when you need me" the girl waved back at them and stepped into the light of the portal.

When she reopened her eyes Nia looked around to see she was right outside her house apartment. Asking Venom for help, she climbed up the wall to her bedroom's window that was halfway opened and slipped into her room trough it.

With a heavy sigh she threw herself onto her bed face down, looking at her alarm clock to see she had only been gone for one day.

"Dad!" she called out her door.

"Yes sweetie?!"

"Could we buy some tacos for tonight?" Nia asked the man.

"Sure honey! I'm leaving now!"

Nia listened to the door of their home opened and close as her father left, giving her enough time to lay back down onto her bed.

"Venom?" she called out.

"Yessssss?" Venom said as he came out, hissing exaggeratively like a snake.

"Come here and cuddle me" she opened her arms making the symbiote roll his eyes.

But still, the blac goo smiled in his mind as he slithered down to his host's arms, slipping into them to let the young woman hug him closer to her chest.

"Venom?"

"Hmmm?"

"Thank you for having chosen me" Nia mumbled into him.

"Thank you for having let me human" the symbiote said, softening at his partner's fondness of him.