3

Masons POV

"I'm back masey" I hear mia put all the shopping bags and her keys down on my counter.  "Mia can you come into the lounge please" I call to her and she walks into the room.

She comes over to me and tries to kiss me but I step back. I just can't kiss her right now, not after what I just found out.

I pat the seat ont he sofa next to me and she sits down. I try not to make eye contact with her.

"Masey are you ok" she asks and I scoff. "Did you start the rumours" I ask. "Masey what are you talking about" she tries to put her hand on my thigh but I move it away.

"Don't fucking play with me mia I know you started the rumours and posted the picture of isabella kissing that guy jake" I raised my voice at her.

"H-how did you know his name?" She asks shakily. "Jake, he called you whilst you were gone" I said back "be honest was the picture from years before me and isabella dated or was it from that night" I shout not knowing whether I even want to know the answer.

"It was from before you guys dated" I scoffed "but masey"

"Don't call me that" I shake my head and she nods. "Mase I just knew that she wasn't good enough for you she is weak and she's not even pretty"

At that statement I snap "Don't say that, she is the prettiest, strongest girl I've ever met and was the best girlfriend I've ever had, I loved her for fuck sake and you tricked me and now I've lost her" I shout.

"Masey..."

"Get out mia" I say pointing to the door "take all your stuff with you, I never want to see you again."

Knowing how angry I was she got up and collected her stuff before leaving and slamming the door behind her.

I immediately call ben over and tell him everything and he didn't look at all suprised when I told him. I feel terrible all this time isabella was telling the truth and I just shut her out because I was afraid of getting more hurt. Why did I trust my fans over the person I love. I need to apologise to her next time I see her.

Ben told me she is coming to watch him at training tommorow so I'll chat to her then. I don't expect her to forgive me but I just need to apologise.

After I tell ben he stays over, I order pizza and we eat it whilst playing fifa and watching TV. I just needed to do something to get my mind off things.

That night I fall asleep whilst figuring out what to say to isabella. Seeing her today brought back so many memories, meeting the little girl reminded me of what she was like with summer and how nice she was to my family and I just threw it all away because of some picture.

--------------------------------------

The next morning I did my usual pre-training routine. Have a shower, get changed, eat breakfast and get a coffee on the way.

I got out of my car and saw ben and isabella walking in so I ran to catch up with them.  "Ben, isabella morning" I walk along side them. "Hi mason" isabella replies smiling a forced smile. "Hey bro" ben and me do our handshake.

"Hey uh chilly can you go get ready without me, tell the gaffa I'll be there in a couple minutes I need to chat to isabella" ben nods waving bye to isabella then I walk with her into an empty room.

"Isabella how are you after yesterday" I ask and she nods slightly. "I'm good I guess" she smiles a little.

"Look isabella I'm really sorry about that, I broke up with mia last night she was way out of order yesterday." She nods "and I'm really sorry about everything I've put you through, I found out that mia started the rumours you were cheating on me and she was paying the guy in the photo to stay quiet"

"Thanks for apologising mason I'm really sorry about the breakup" she smiled at me. "Don't be sorry I am sorry for not believing you and I understand that I have lost all your trust but I would be really happy if you could find it in your heart to forgive me"

" I forgive you but it's gonna take a while to gain all my trust again after what happened" I smile at her. "Friends" I suggest. "Friends" she agrees.