19 - Step towards the End

The portal to the gates of the underworld was open. It sensed the revealing odour of the demonic energy puncture to its dark blank face which had no nose to be seen and yet the sound of it smelling something was heard. It had burrowed itself and hid in the past few hours for the sole purpose of recovering its strength that it had lost.

Devouring the demons that drew upon his proximity assisted with the recovery of his injuries. However, it did nothing in recovering the strength it had lost. It's power that had been stolen from him by a mere human child.

"Mine~ Not Yours." The power that it had obtained through the means of absorbing the many masses of demons that generated lightning that boasted their speed was something that peaked its interest, even more so as the demon was blind and only used its sense of hearing. Such power was wasted onto those that was visually impaired and it granted them a slow butchered killing spree as it feasted their very bodies until the power was his. There was many left and it was by just a mere amount that was sufficient to learn of the ability. "But You Took~ Mine~!!"

It had received a unique ability from its master, Mundus. One was the ability of possessing another storage of live which allowed it to revive from uncertain death that would fall upon it. The demon was strong compared to other except for those of the higher-class however, it's tactical prowess in hunting the the unknown had allowed the demon to grow against those that were of the higher echelon.

The ability to revive itself was a limited usage and was unused till its head was cut off. Such ability was lost to it. It's master perhaps possessed such ability, yet it seemed that such subject was already performed. But who perhaps, who could defeat its master? Seal him away and leave itself to be trapped onto another place where it could not reunite with its master. Who? WHO?!

The red sparks that was previously blue began to stir before immediately shut down completely. The power was lost and what little remained was activated with its life force powering it up enough rather than its demonic energy. Doing such thing was meaningless to waste anymore time to simply reuse an ability that it can no longer freely use.

The boy. Human. Weak. Feeble. Scared. There was many things that it could describe the child, yet it's death was done by the weak. "Nonsense!!!" It wanted to tear his skin, wear it. Drink his blood, eat the bones and flesh as it kept him alive for him to cry, wishing for death.

?!

But such imagination wasn't what came to his mind as he looked upon the boy's eyes. The child was using its power which he had taken after his death. He had grown stronger. The grip it had onto the boy left his arm dismembered, as the human gave dark sinister, feral grin to his face that was coming for it.

"N-NO!!!" Without focusing, the demon charged at the fake illusion, unknowingly impaling a lesser demon which was in front of it. The demon felt something, a weird feeling that couldn't be explained. All it knew was that the boy must die.

In every scenario that the demon could think in its attempt to hunt the demon led a sure kill success in to the task and yet the feeling of uneasiness that it had never felt only caused it to think of another way.

The boy possessed an ability to protect himself from harm with a simple magic spell that it had experienced many years back during the war. Compared to such fickle protection, what it had was believed to itself to be far more capable in protecting. Nevertheless, the utility to create the weak protection as the child outside the body was something the demon could not do.

It's body had a sleek dark shine due to its body having mastered the ability that was simply named as 'Armour' by its master. It confused the demon how the child was able to kill it, but such thinking only led the demon to get more agitated just remembering the child's expression.