7 - Brother's Meet

Joshua could hear the sound of teen girl pulling the trigger which allowed her launcher to fire out the wire while letting out a slight grunt as the boy closed the door behind him. From what he can tell with the hook-shot he had received, had a definitive shorter reach compared to what her massive weapon could produce.

It was expected as the size was a vast difference and provided more space for her and take such utility to skip past everything the tower has to offer.

Nevertheless, he wouldn't take such a risk the teen was taking by simply climbing from the outside of the tower with those demons flying around ready to pounce regardless if he now had a [Barrier] constantly shielding him. If he thought about it, climbing outside allowed the demon's a better view of her position while inside, with the amount of corners and darkness that surrounded the tower allowed a slight advantage to sneak past them when there was no reason to waste more energy and do battle.

Joshua looked down to see one entrance but could not see if there was a door to the next available floor. The glowing circular platform besides him was suspicious to see with every floor having such design in this room. The glow was noticeable in this dim area. Grabbing a small piece of rubble, the boy chucked it at the floor watching in amazement as it bounced to great heights before landing back to the circle to only ascend with the same height. There was neither an increase nor a decrease of velocity which came along with it as the rubble dropped and simply gave a momentum without stopping.

'But was it only because it's a small rock?' In contrast to a piece of stone, he felt that he would break his legs before he could land, meaning he needed something to give him some safety with gravity pulling him down. "Good timing she gave this gun." He complimented as he turned the safety measure off. Aiming up to the ceiling, he fired his gun and watched as the hook opened its claw and struck it causing small cracks to appear, keeping a steady and strong hold as the boy tugged the gun a few times before nodding to himself in confirmation that it seemed to hold his weight. "Looks stable enough." Taking a deep breath, he jumped onto the glowing circle and felt the feeling to be similar to a trampoline but with greater force.

Joshua continued to look up to the ceiling as he felt himself stop going further up and start to fall, the gun took action in slowing down his descent before he landed onto another circle. The boy continued to do so with each floor he climbed. There was still some gravity that strained his legs however, the barrier fortunately seemed to have take more of the brute strain of the pain he would have received. After more jumps led him the highest floor that could be reached in this room with a bright green door. A skull emblem plastered on top with three blue flames on each sides of the door frame.

Retracting the hook-shot back, Joshua brought out his gun and made sure it was filled with ammo before opening the door. The slight cool feeling as he drew closer suggested that there was an open room of air, the sense of cool air was present even before he fully opened the door which proved his thinking to be correct and witness the dark sky once more. Walking steady towards the edge of the cliff that was present, he noticed the area he had last made contact with the teen gun girl. Joshua thought he was quicker to reach this level but he couldn't see her meaning she had gone ahead. "She's quicker than I-Argh!!" He twitched in pain soon after as he stepped back from the edge and crouched down on the floor, dropping his gun to the floor before holding his limbless arm. The phantom pain erupting again as if pulsing, trying to tell him his arm is near.

It was weird, the feeling of having been able to feel his arm that he had lost calling him and yet it was a strange sensation that had arrived with the awakening of magic coming into play. He soon started to cough again, spiting out blood. He tried to steady his breath of the pain that soon started to come from within his chest, quickly taking another gulp of the potion easing his pain and his stopping the sudden adrenaline.