18 - Further into Madness

A few minutes had passed after his talk with the teen girl. He had not entered another room soon after. The reason was not due to the dangers of demons lurking around. No, with the room he was currently in, if this was a hide and seek game and someone somehow was unable to be spotted, then they were a true professional at being unseen.

He looked up blankly around the set of blocks of rotating cubes floating around. Joshua could only give an expression of someone who was questioning the concept of making this room to begin with. After the whole room shifting and such, there was hardly anything that can be said to be more abnormal than it already was since he would have merely needed to proceed onto another direction of doors that would lead to somewhere else. Although, he was only lucky since Vergil knew his way around, so there was no tedious action of trackbacks with the helpful item he left for him. "He must of used his power or something to make this..." The boy muttered.

Looking around the top of the edges of blocks that didn't seem to be moving as the others were doing. He noticed barely two sets of double door, one that was grey while the other was reddish orange in colour.

The item he received from the girl looked to be only directing to one of the two choices of door. Joshua hummed as he thought that possibly both Dante and Vergil jumped at these blocks just to reach the door. "As the saying goes, work smart, not hard." He remembered such quote from somewhere in the slums but couldn't point to where it was entirely. But it wasn't something that was really important at moment to him. The strategy he thought of was to find a good position to use the hook-shot in order to pull him over.

Nodding his head at the plan, he prepared himself to climb, or rather jump up to the reach to the top of the tower, he jumped to the closest block with the help of his barrier to give him an extra platform to clear further distance. The block began to levitate upwards while he looked around to see the next block that was near. After having found one, he created a barrier once more which he stepped over and jumped once more to the block that roared every two seconds from what he could see. He immediately readied his tool and pulled the trigger having having found the space to shoot and allow the hook to pull him up by pressing the putting on the side for its action to proceed.

After the purchase and passive ability of 'Construct' was obtained, his usage of anything related to his barrier had become stronger and dense that the action of creating a step with his barrier did not crack with his full weight placed on it. 'Guess that skill really is amazing than I thought it was.'

Releasing the button, he retracted the extended claw of the hook as it began to rerun to it's rightful place as he placed it back onto his holster. He didn't know how long it would have taken for the two hybrids to have climbing this room, but he didn't have the stamina or the strength to his leg to jump that high with a simply jump like them.

In fact, he was beginning to feel his muscles becoming sore after having performed actions that he's never done before in that training school which...

"Wait..."

He paused for a second.

"...Why did I go to that training school?" A sort of static blurred onto his brain as Joshua tried to remember the reason to the event in beginning his training. "Can I not remember that too?" He gritted his teeth as the static memory became stronger in an attempt to construct an image of how his father looked like. 'It doesn't...work.' He groaned from the mental pain and gave up trying to continue. "It must be this tower...it has to be..."

After having the pain ease up enough, Joshua placed his hand to the door and pushed forward slightly to take a peek across the slight gap. There was a lack of light for his eyes to see and so he decided to use his ears and listen carefully for any sudden sound to occur.