Chapter 10

I fell asleep about halfway through the drive with my head resting on my arm on the edge of the door. I did not mean to do this.

"Brae, we are here," Logan's voice says, breaking into my nap. "Come on, time to wakey, wakey, eggs, and bakey."

Opening my eyes to slits to look at him with an small yawn; "Sorry for falling asleep."

"No worries, Brae," he grins, looking excited about being home. "Let's grab our bags, and head inside. I know mom is excited for us to be here."

"Okay," I nervously mumble, opening my door to climb out after grabbing my bag from the backseat.

As we walk the sidewalk toward the front door, I timidly ask; "What if your family does not like me?"

Logan stops suddenly with a frown directed at me, lifting my chin with two gentle fingers, so I am looking him in the eyes; "Listen carefully to me. My family will love you like I do, I can promise you this."

I nod, still not fully confident about this, but decide not to say anything more on the subject. He nods smugly satisfied, and we continue our trek toward the door. He opens it, not bothering to knock, just walking inside, slipping off his shoes, and I follow suit.

"Mom, we are home!" he hollers as I shut the door behind us, causing me to jump when there are two loud screams from further inside the house.

My eyes are wide as I turn to face Logan as a woman and a small child run into the room, and they look almost identical, making me wonder if Logan looks more like his father.

"Logan!" the woman hollers excitedly as the little girl hollers; "Logie!"

"Hi mom! Hi Shelbie!" he cheerfully hollers back with a large grin as he hugs his mom then his sister.

His sister refuses to let him go though, so he settles her on his left hip as he does the introductions; "Mom, Shelbie, this is Braelin Grayson."

"H-hello, Mrs. Noble," I murmur, trying to look her in the eyes. "Thank you for inviting me here. I appreciate you and Mr. Noble's hospitality."

"Well, aren't you just the sweetest?" she coos, her smile becoming larger. "And hello to you, Braelin. No thanks is needed as we are happy to have you here with us."

"Come on, let's put our bags in my room," Logan requests a few seconds later.

"Okay," I murmur, giving Mrs. Noble a tiny smile as I walk past her after she takes her daughter from Logan.

He leads us up a set of stairs, and to the third closed door on the left at the end of the hallway; "This is my room, where the both of us will be staying."

He opens the white door, and ushers me inside the dark blue bedroom with a king sized bed up against a corner. The comforter is the color of pure snow, there is a desk against the opposite wall of the bed with a rolling chair, a desk lamp, and a laptop. There is a flat screen tv mounted above the dresser that is located across from the foot of the bed, and next to the closet.

"Your room is really nice, and your bed looks really comfy," I whisper to him as we place our backpacks on top of the dresser.

"Thanks, I appreciate you saying that," he grins. "May I give you a hug, Brae?"

Eagerly smiling and nodding at his question; "Yes, please!"

He opens his arms wide, and I instantly step forward into the warmth of his body, and the safety he is offering. Logan wraps his arms around me tightly as I do the same to him. Tucking my face into his neck, inhaling deeply. and loving the scent of his cologne, and he smells my hair.

"Can we stay like this forever?" I murmur into his skin with a content sigh.

"I would love it if we could do this forever, but we need to spend time with everyone," he murmurs into my hair with a small chuckle.

"Can we cuddle for one more minute, please?" I softly beg as I wiggle myself even closer to him.

He chuckles a little louder as he kisses the side of my head, murmuring; "We can do that."

And we do for a couple of more minutes which I love and appreciate before we head back downstairs. We find his mama, sister, and an older man that Logan resembles in the living room.

"Dad, this is Braelin Grayson," Logan introduces after we step into the room, and the three of them focus on us.

"Hello, Mr. Noble," I murmur as I fidget slightly in my spot next to Logan. "Thank you for allowing me to be here this weekend. I appreciate your hospitality."

"Hello, Braelin, it is nice to meet you," Mr. Noble replies with a warm smile. "We are glad you could join us, but we are sorry you were not able to go home for the holiday."

"Brae, come sit with me, please," Logan quietly requests, pulling me by the tips of my fingers to a one-person couch.

"Um, where am I supposed to sit?" I whisper with wide eyes as he sits down with a large grin.

"On my lap, sitting sideways," he simply answers as he grips my hips to sit me down on his lap sideways.

"Won't they be mad? We aren't dating," I quickly mumble, not wanting his family to hear.

"Brae, please relax," Logan softly requests. "My parents know I like you more than as a friend."

"W-what?" I ask dumbfounded. "You like me more than as friend? I like you more than as a friend, too, but I was scared to say something to you about that."

Logan smiles with a slight nod; "Yes, really, Brae. I am wondering if you will be my boyfriend?"

Grinning widely at him while giggling; "Yes!"

Logan's smile widens as he leans his head down slightly to press our lips together in a soft kiss. The kiss last for several seconds before he pulls away, and places his forehead against mine, and we stare at each other with silly grins.