"Ames, I'm only coming with you so I can stand menacingly and glare at that despicable shit goblin! I swear to Goddess if his first words aren't 'I'm sorry Alpha,' I will finish what you started!" declares Brie as we get into one of the car and get ready to head out.

I'm with the Beta

Eris, when have you ever turned down an opportunity for violence?

I am who I am, and I said what I said.

I block her out and mind link Charles to tell him where I'm going. He lets me know that he's there already and that Denzel is healing well and is able to speak now.

"Brie, we aren't going there to start shit, we're going there to clear the air. Besides, Denny was like our brother at some point and time, it's time we bury the hatchet. I have too much to do in lieu of my coronation to be beefing with an old friend."

"I don't have anything to do. I literally have the time to start problems," Brie reasons.

"You literally don't. anything I have to do, you have to do too, Beta," I remind her. She rewards me with an eye roll, and we spend the rest of the ride trying to figure out how we'll handle the situation. No resolution is come to so we decide to wing it.

The drive to the hospital takes about 15 minutes. I get a few nods and hear some whispers as I walk in. Nothing important, just people wondering if I really am me and trying to understand how I put the top fighter in the hospital since I don't look that intimidating. I speak to the nurse at reception, and she directs me to Denzel's room. On my way I bump into the pack doctor.

"Miss Nash, Miss Reid, long time no see, how have you been?"

"Doctor. Dawson, so nice to see you again. I've been well, how are you? How's the family?"

"I've been alright dear. The family is good, I welcomed triplets 3 years ago, so that's 5 pups in total now," he says as we turn into the recovery wing.

"Yes I heard, congratulations! Once I settle in, I'd love to come by and visit."

"Of course, I'm in dire need of a babysitter anyway," he says with a smile.

"It's the main reason I came back actually, all the Alpha stuff is secondary."

He lets out a small laugh before opening Denzel's room. Charles is there with Timothy, who leaves immediately after I enter.

"Here is your victim, Miss Nash. Denzel Black, presenting with deep puncture wounds around his neck. I must say, you've gotten better at avoiding the important blood vessels. A younger you wasn't always as precise."

Dr D had treated my injuries when I was young. Whether it was after training or after a kidnapping. Sometimes he'd have to treat some warriors I'd injured because of the fake kidnappings orchestrated by my parents to train me. He would talk me through the damage I did and instruct me on how I could optimise certain attacks without killing my opponents. He also strongly advocated for my departure because he said "I've seen what she's been through. I've treated the wounds. If the emotional injuries are anything like the physical ones I've helped heal, there is no question about whether she should leave, it's simply a matter of when." He helped convince my parents. They saw I was no use to the pack if I was traumatised by it, so thanks to Dawson, my departure was greenlit. I owe this man my life.

"Denzel, get up and show your Alpha some respect," instructs Dr D, he's pissed. Someone must have told him what happened. Denzel obliges him but still avoids eye contact. He looks ashamed.

"Beta Charles, I think these three need to talk, please follow me. Oh Amari, he's in a hospital, and I'm a very good doctor, so you're free to rip him to shreds if you so please, I don't mind stitching him back together just so you can do it again." He says his threat very casually but it's clear he means it.