22.

Shanell

"What?" I looked up into Cain's eyes as he looked down into mine before sighed deeply to himself.

I couldn't believe he was actually saying this to me right now. After everything we'd been through, after everything that we'd done together, after all of these years. He was giving up on me.

On us.

Because of a few trials and tribulations.

"Cairo, what?" I stood to my feet, feeling as if my heart had sunk into my stomach while I couldn't even breath in this moment.

It felt as if someone had punched me in the gut from the pain that I was feeling from his previous words.

I'd never expected him to say this to me.

No matter what.

"Yeah, BG.." He trailed off, sighing deeply to himself.

"This shit just went too far, ma."

"I mean—we've been doing this shit for 13 years, on and off with all of this bullshit, Shan."

"I can't lie to you, just as tired as you is, ma—"

"I can't help but to feel the same." He went on saying to me, breaking my heart into so many more pieces.

All while he stated his feelings, making me feel helpless in this moment.

"All of the shit we've been through and all of the shit I did, I could move passed that with you because I know I was the cause of most of it." He spoke truthfully to me, looking deeply into my eyes.

"Being in the streets, treating you like a throw away and embarrassing you when I knew that shit was wrong."

"That was me, that was my fault, ma." He placed his hand against his chest as he went on, speaking his truth.

"But this."

"Man, this shit is different, BG."

"We got my daughter in this shit now, cuh, all because we was going through sum'."

"Meanwhile my daughter ain't got nothing to do with our shit." He went on saying and I was completely confused now because this was the second time he'd brought up Mya but I didn't understand how she had anything to do with it.

"Babe, what are you talking about?"

"How is she involved in our stuff?" I asked him and he just looked into my eyes a moment before he opened his mouth to speak again.

"When you, Milan and Halima was at them niggas house and Milan snitched.." He trailed off with his face screwed up now.

"They came down here and took everything from the stash."

"After that, they must've circled the block and they tried to shoot my brother car while Mya was sitting in." He went on saying and my eyes went completely wide as I looked at him in disbelief.

My stomach dropped to my stomach as I instantly panicked, trying to rush out of the room now but he quickly grabbed me, pulling me back to him.

"Chill. Chill. Chill." He tried to get me to calm down but I was now irate as I thought about my daughter being hurt in anyway over this bullshit that Milan had got us in to.

"She in my mama room sleep, just let her sleep, BG." He practically begged as I stood there fuming now, thinking of all the ways I was going to beat Milan's ass if I ever saw her again at work.

I was just going to have to lose my job because I was going to do that bitch just as dirty as Delante was when he found out what she did.

Now, I was even more adamant to tell Delante myself that his girlfriend was a snitch, if Cain couldn't do it.