18.

Cain

"Yo."

"Where the fuck is my daughter, cuh?" I spat, jumping out of my whip as I left it running in the middle of the street. All while my brother stood outside with the homies, nodding his head toward my mama crib.

"She in the crib with mama, bro." Was all he could say to a nigga as I rushed into my mama crib with nothing but murder on my mind right now.

I ain't waste no time walking in, expecting the worst in this moment. Expecting my shawty to be distraught or hurt or something way worse than that.

My mind was all over the place at the moment but I was shocked when I walked in, seeing Mya on the couch looking down at her tablet with a smile on her face.

I wasted no time gripping her up from the couch and into my arms as I hugged her tightly, kissing her over and over again as she whined for me to stop.

"Daddy."

"I can't see coco melon." She complained to me but I ignored it, considering I couldn't for the life of me understand how my baby was okay right now.

She ain't have a scratch on her.

As I stood there in confusion while holding her in my arms, my brother came walking into the crib.

"Yo."

"What the fuck happened?" I spat to him when he did, putting her down now because now a nigga needed answers.

"Bro, I-" He started but stopped, holding his hands up in defense.

"I really can't even give you a real answer right now, cuh."

"All I know is, some niggas tried to shoot my car up with Mya in it." He went on saying and I stood there angrily, needing more than that because a nigga wasn't trying to hear that shit right now.

I needed names. I needed locations.

"I don't know how that shit happened or why but—"

"I was gon' take Mya to get some breakfast and shit this morning, since she was up early as hell, listening to that loud ass tablet." He pointed to her now as we both looked at her while she sat there zoned out to her shows on her tablet.

With the volume all the way up. As usual.

"So I ended up putting her in the car with me, strapping her in and shit—"

"—but I had forgot my burner in the crib." He showed me his gun in explanation.

"And you know a nigga don't go nowhere with his strap, I'm a street nigga." He went on saying to me as I sighed deeply to myself at the thought.

"So I was just gon' run in and grab it and just leave her in the car real quick."

"But I'm like nah." He shook his head.

"My lil' brother would have me head if anything happen to his shawty."

"BG to." He went on, telling me as I listened intently now, waiting for him to give me the answers I needed.

"So I ended up taking her with me back into the crib, instead of just leaving her in the car by herself to go grab it."

"No more than a second after that though, when me and her walked in the crib—they shot my shit up."

"Bullet holes everywhere." He spoke in finality and I couldn't help but to pull him in, giving him a man shake in this moment for making that move.

Lord only knows what would have happened had he left my shawty in the car and I could only thank him for that. For both sparing a nigga heart and all the more trouble I would've been in with BG if my something happened to my daughter.