12.

Shanell

Awaking me from my slumber, I heard loud rumbling and banging as I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Instantly, I popped up, hearing that the shuffling had continued and I looked over to see that Cain was no longer in bed with me.

"Babe?" I called out, wanting to know if it was him but I received no response as I slowly crept out of my bed now and quickly ran to my nightstand to grab my phone.

As soon as I did, I tripped and immediately saw that my room was completely ransacked with clothes all over the place and all of my drawers pulled open. I instantly became scared as I quickly grabbed my phone to call Cain, thinking that he'd left.

All before I heard his phone ringing in the living room and I knitted my eyebrows in curiosity now. Wondering what the hell was going on.

Slowly now, I made my way out of my room and crept into the hallway before I let out a sigh of relief once I saw Cain's side profile through the crack of the walls.

"Oh my gosh."

"Babe, you scared me." I told him, placing my hand over my heart.

"What are you doing?" I then asked curiously as I came out of my room completely, seeing that my entire living room was now ransacked as well as he continued banging something on the table and I realized that it was the butt of his gun.

"Babe, stop!"

"What is going on?!" I screamed to him, looking down at what he was doing and once I did, I realized there was nothing but a large pile of white powder on the table now.

My first thought was that it was drugs and I looked at him in disbelief, wondering why he was even doing this right now. He'd told me he was out of the streets for good so why would he be handling drugs?

In my house, at that.

I then noticed that my birth control pill bottle sat right beside him as my breath hitched in my throat when I did. Stopping what he was doing completely now, I watched as he turned to me before my eyes popped out of my head and I quickly ran back to my room as he chased right after me.

"Cain, stop!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, closing my room door behind me as I quickly locked it so that he couldn't get to me.

"This the shit that make me do you crazy, Shanell."

"You gon' fucking lie to me? To my fuckin' face, cuh?" He spat angrily to me as I stood there scared out of my mind.

"Baby, I didn't lie!" I screamed out loudly now as tears brewed in the brim of my eyelids, realizing that I was caught.

He knows. Was I could think to myself and I could hear as he scoffed on the other side of my room's door.

"Yeah aight."

"Keep on lying, Shanell. I'm gon' do sum' crazy to you, ma."

"On my pops, I'm gon' do you so dirty when you come out that room, cuh." He went threatening me now like I knew he would.

Like he always does to me.

Before I knew it though, he was roughly trying to break down my room's door as I stood there scared shitless with tears in my eyes, pissed at myself now for lying again.

Putting myself in this stupid ass situation with him again.

"Baby, I'm sorry!"

"I didn't mean it!"

"I didn't mean to lie to you!" I went on pleading to him now, considering I knew there was no way out of this.

He'd already had the proof and I didn't know how he'd found it but he did. And there was no going back now.