15.

Shanny in the MM

Shanny in the MM

Cain
One hour later
(5pm)

"Shit." I spoke groggily as I stirred in my sleep, hearing my phone ring over and over off the hook.

"Got damn."

"A nigga can't even sleep, huh?" I spat angrily to myself with a scowl on my face. Before I reached over and grabbed my phone off the charger, seeing that I had over a hundred missed calls and messages.

"The fuck?" I knitted my eyebrows in confusion as I got up from my bed completely, looking to see who it was hitting my phone like this.

As I did, I scrolled my notifications and saw that I had over 100+ calls and messages from BG, my moms, Halima, my brother, Markeeda, and a few of my other little cousins.

"Damn." I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what the fuck was going on now. Since everybody was hitting my line like this, I knew it obviously had to be an emergency.

Before I knew it though, my mama was calling me again now and I instantly answered for her.

"What's gon' on, mama?" I spoke with sleep evident in my voice as I put my phone to my ear now, waiting for her to tell me what was happening.

"What the hell did you do, Cairo?!" She instantly started snapping on a nigga and I turned my lip up when she did.

Confused why she was snapping on me right now.

I then immediately thought about what BG had told her about our argument three weeks ago. So I figured she was just about to curse me out for that.

So I prepared myself for it.

"I ain't did nun', mama."

"I been at the crib all day though." I spoke nonchalantly now as I sat at the edge of my bed, waiting for her to curse me out like I knew she was about to.

"Son, I don't know what's going on right now—"

"—but please get down here as soon as you can."

"Shanny, Halima, Bianca, Markeeda and all of my sister's kids are out here fighting in the middle of the street." She ended up saying and my eyes went wide as she did, not expecting to hear that shit at all.

"Wait, what?"

"Yes, son." She tried to speak calmly but I could hear yelling in the background as I quickly stood to my feet.

"They are all out here fighting—"

"—with some little girl that's saying she's pregnant with your baby." She went on saying and my eyes damn near popped out my head when she said that shit.

"Pause."

"What?" I scoffed in disbelief as I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion for real now.

"Who the fuck?" I moved my phone away from my ear as I sat there trying to pull all of this shit together now. This shit was random as hell but it instantly made me thing of Halima and Bianca.