14.

Kia in the MM

Kia in the MM.

Shanell
The next day

"Daddy, can you please stop and let me listen?"

"I'm really not in the mood right now." I told him as tears brewed at the brim of my eyelids, trying my hardest to just get through this work day.

It'd been a long work week for me already, considering Cain and I had fallen out once again after months of doing good.  We'd now cut all communication from one another for what felt like years.

But it'd only been three weeks in counting.

"I'm sorry, babydoll."

"Your daddy just doesn't like to see you so upset." He went on saying to me, obviously trying to make me laugh a second ago but I really wasn't in the mood.

"Yeah? Well tell that to your best friend." I said to him now, listening to his heart.

"He's the reason why I'm upset." I went on ranting again to him now about Cain, like I had been doing since the day he found out about my pills.

"Don't worry, doll baby. It'll pass."

"The two of you just need to be more considerate of each other's feelings." He went on schooling me like he usually does and I listened to him now as I removed my stethoscope, looking into his eyes.

"One person's feelings isn't more valid than the other."

"The both of you have the right to feel." He expressed to me as I sat down on the couch beside him, putting my hands into my lap.

"But daddy, I never said he didn't have the right to feel."

"But how about me?" I pointed to myself, speaking up for myself now.

"He's gets mad, telling me that he's going to trap me or do things to make me have another baby against my will."

"Was I not supposed to get on birth control to protect myself?"

"Was I just supposed to let him threaten me and hope for the best?" I went on now as he looked at me empathetically, listening to my words.

"Or was I just supposed to do what was best for me?" I continued on, needing answers.

I mean, I never said that I wasn't wrong for lying but I truly believed that that's all that I was wrong for. I wasn't wrong for protecting myself and I wasn't wrong for doing what was best for my well-being.

"Now, doll baby, you know your daddy isn't into picking sides." He went on saying to me as I sat there with my lips poked out now, awaiting his obvious rebuttal

"But as I said before." He put a finger up, looking at me with serious eyes.

"One persons feeling's are never more valid than the others."