Being Spontaneous

Hey there, my name is Corey and I'm 22. Let me tell you something ,I am so nervous today! I finally finished college and going into the real world. I just finished saying goodbye to my roommates and I'm going to be staying in a hotel for a week or so as I start to figure out my new life.

Before I head out one of my roommates says I should just leave and go somewhere else. I told them that I can't just up and leave. They told me this is the problem with me that I lack spontaneity. This kind of gets under my skin because I do want to have an exciting life but I want to plan for one not just have one come to me. Anyways I'm thinking of trying it out. You know being more spontaneous.

So how to be spontaneous? Let me think. This is tough. I know. How about I start by finding myself a significant other? That would be fun and it would be spontaneous.....right? I've never tried dating apps.

Once I get settled into my new hotel room which is quite small but cheap a jump onto my bed and start perusing the app store. I find a few apps that I think would be nice and download them. I also start reading how to make a good profile.

One of the things they tell you online is that you need to be up front with some of your shortcomings. Well one of my shortcomings is just that. I'm short. 4 ft 6 in to be exact. So I put that in my profile along with some of my other likes and hobbies. Mainly I'm telling folks that I'm looking to be spontaneous, that I don't have any family, and just graduated college and instead of looking for a job I'm looking for a partner. Saying it out loud now makes me feel like I was a little bit too honest. But I'll try this for now.

I then spend the rest of the night swiping people I like people I don't like. I don't get any matches but I'm really new to these apps so it doesn't surprise me. I find myself swiping until the wee hours of the morning. I finally break the addiction, turn my phone off and pass out.

When I wake up I go immediately to my phone and check the apps. Crap. No reply to any of them! I decide to do a couple swipes before getting on with my day. Around the third swipe I see the perfect woman. She looks super cute and seems to be very rich. On top of this her type is short men. She also openly stated she doesn't mind unemployed men. How could this not be any more of a perfect fit for me. I swipe to like it.

BAM! A match. I can't believe it. It asks if I should message her. I'm so excited I quickly take time to think about the perfect thing to say to her. I got it!

Corey: Hey!

Within seconds I see the ellipses move letting me know that she's typing.

Mandy: Hey they're cutie! How are you doing this fine day?

Corey: I'm doing great. This is my first time messaging on one of these apps. I was told I need to be more spontaneous.

Mandy: oh is it spontaneity you want

Corey: I mean.... Yes, please

Mandy: then let's make this as spontaneous as possible. Let's meet right now!

I know about stranger danger but man am I too excited? Plus I'm a man I should be able to take her if she is some creep.

Corey: let's do it!

She messages me her address and tells me that she lives in the penthouse of that building. The penthouse really? She must be very very rich. I jump on Google maps. Look up the directions and head out.

When I get to the address I noticed that this building is nearly 100 floors. I walk in and ask if I can go to the penthouse. They call up and once approved show me the way to the private elevator to the penthouse.