It's Time...

"Birthday present?"

Seokmin nodded. "Mingyu's birthday is approaching. As usual, during the day, our agency will hold Mingyu's birthday party. In the evening, the three of us will have dinner together before Mingyu blows out the candles and cuts the birthday cake."

Wonwoo nodded in understanding. Usually once a year, on Mingyu's birthday, Seokmin would always visit with both hands carrying bag of gift for Mingyu and box of birthday cake. They said even if Mingyu already had a birthday party held by his agency earlier, he still wanted to have another with Mingyu's favorite cat as well. Mingyu said that it wouldn't be right to celebrate his birthday without Wonwoo.

Mingyu would usually blow out the candles while hugging Wonwoo, and afterwards Wonwoo would meow softly, giving Mingyu the code to bring him closer to his face, so Wonwoo could press his tiny nose against Mingyu's cheek as his way to wish him a happy birthday.

This was the first time Wonwoo had celebrated Mingyu's birthday in human form. To make it even more special, Seokmin suggested that Wonwoo should give Mingyu a birthday present as well.

"But I don't have any money..."

Suddenly Seokmin's hand has already holding a black card, and Wonwoo knew it was Mingyu's in one look, because he'd seen it came out of Mingyu's wallet so many times when the actor took him shopping.

"How come...?"Wonwoo asked while blinking his eyes in shock.

"Mingyu said that he wanted you to have a new experience; looking for gifts and birthday cakes. But because he wanted to keep it as a surprise for himself, he couldn't accompany you. Instead, I was told to accompany you to look for gifts and cakes. And he left his black card with me, saying that you are free to choose anything for him. He'll be happy to accept everything."

"Ahh... No wonder he didn't tell me to wait for him this time..."

Today, Mingyu had to attend Pledis Fashion Week from the beginning until it ends. Early in the morning, Seokmin had come to pick Mingyu up, and as usual, Wonwoo had come along too. But once they arrived, Mingyu told Wonwoo to stay in the car and go for a walk with Seokmin. Wonwoo was confused at first, but after hearing Seokmin's explanation, he finally understood.

"Do you want to look for cookies or gifts first, Won?"

"Cake!"

Seokmin chuckled softly as Wonwoo sounded so excited when he answered cake. He activated his navigation device and searched for his favorite cake shop, where he always bought Mingyu's birthday cake every year, and drove his car according to the directions given by the device.

~~~~~*****~~~~~

After ordering a custom chocolate cake at the cake shop and paying for it first, Wonwoo and Seokmin ordered a piece of coffee cake and walnut cake for each of them, they sat down at one of the empty tables set up inside the cake shop to discuss the birthday present Wonwoo would buy for Mingyu.

"So, what kind of things usually make good birthday presents?" Asked Wonwoo, as he cut a small piece of cake with his fork and ate it.

"It depends, Won." Seokmin's hand also began to move to cut the cake. "If it's for friends, it's usually jacket, watch, shoes and so on. Sometimes it also depends on their hobbies."

"Did you already buy a gift for Mingyu?"

"I did. This time I bought him the latest sports shoes."

Wonwoo gave a small nod. "Then what about gift for...couple?"