Chapter 4 - In Peace

Mulai dari awal

"What if he knows who you are?" Annamaria asks as I finish fixing my tie

"Then let him."

She stays quiet at my response.

"He can't just kill me if he doesn't know that I know who him and his father really are." I assure her and she lightly sighs.

"I'm going to be okay, sorellina." I lightly smile as I turn to finally look at her. She only nods.

"They don't deserve mercy from us." I remind her and she seems to understand.

"Okay, but please be safe." She follows me toward the door as I begin heading for it.

"I will. You know that the guest bedroom is all yours. Go to sleep and don't worry about me." I take my keys and turn around to give her a quick hug before heading out the door.

She's spending the night because she wants to make sure that I get home. I don't blame her for worry so much. We only have each other, and the loss of our parents was very traumatic for her.

__

"Marco, haven't seen you in years, boy." Giorgio, an old friend of my papa's and a business partner, comes up to me with a huge smile on his old face.

"Giorgio, good to see you too." I pat his back when he pulls me into a hug.

"Heard that the Bianchi family businesses are back up and running." He winks when saying the word businesses.

They are businesses but it's a cover up for the mob. I've managed to recuperate and build up my father's mafia again. Generations of my family worked hard for it, and I wasn't going to let it all completely fall. He would have hated that. I would never let it all go to waste.

"They are." I nod in confirmation, and he seems genuinely happy for me.

"Well, you know I'm here to offer my services again if needed." He says referring to all the types of dirty work that he does and that he did for my father.

"I'll keep you in mind." I assure just as another man comes to us.

I take the opportunity to leave then to continue with what I'm actually here for. I can build connections at any time and any day. It's quite easy when my father had them everywhere and he was on everyone's good side.

I walk around the place for a while greeting old faces that once worked with my parents. It makes me feel a little down because my dear parents are all that fill my head for a while, but I try to not let my emotions get the best of me.

I feel rage slowly begin to fill every inch of my body when I see the two fuck heads. Andrew and Eric Donnelley are here. I knew they would be here, and it is the reason I am here, but I still can't help but feeling like killing them both here in this moment in front of all these people.