Chapter 3 - Back To Reality

Start from the beginning

"Ace, please be safe." Anna looks at me seriously while holding a rosary in her hand. I smile because she reminds me of our mother.

The girl is only twenty-six years old and already stressing about every little thing.

"Annamaria, calm down. No one will even know that I'm there. It's just a wedding and there will be hundreds of people there. I will be fine." I stare at her anxious face and at how tightly she is holding the rosary.

"It's not like we're dealing with a possessed person, stop it." I pull the rosary out of her hand to then hand it back to her so that she holds it softly. I offer her a smile, my comment making her roll her eyes and for a smile to slightly form on her lips.

I open my arms for her, and she walks into them hugging me tightly as if I'm going to the disappear the moment she lets me go. I give her a kiss on the head before she steps away with a sigh.

"Go now." She shoos me as she takes a seat on a couch.

Seeing that she is a little less nervous, I take the opportunity and I leave the house.

__

I take a seat on the last row of the chairs placed for the ceremony. The place is full so there is no way for me to get noticed. The Donnelleys don't even know who I am yet.

I have spotted each one of them including the eldest son who seems to have come back from Europe just for his little brother's wedding. I don't have a problem with him or his mother. I don't plan on doing anything to the two unless they give me the motives to. For their own sake I hope they don't try and get involved. It will be one of their biggest regrets. I'm only after Andrew and Eric Donnelley. I will stop at nothing to see them fall and hopefully rot dead. I don't care if it will cost me my own life.

After a while of me observing the people around and watching them rush to their seats, the traditional wedding song suddenly begins to play, and everyone stands including myself so that I'll blend in. The bride and Alberto Alcaraz appear beside me as they begin walking toward Eric who is waiting.

I can't help but to unashamedly check out the bride. She's seems to be a very beautiful woman from the small glimpse of her side profile that I got. Her face is covered with what looks like an expensive veil. Her back profile is just as nice and I kind of feel bad for the poor woman.

I'm sure she doesn't know what she is getting herself into or who the man she is getting married to actually is. This is the worst family she could have gotten herself involved with. I would never wish for anyone to be with a man like Eric Donnelley.

"You may kiss the bride, Mr

"You may kiss the bride, Mr. Donnelley."

Eric has a huge smile on his face and takes my face gently in his hands. To my surprise he gives me a soft kiss on the forehead instead of the lips.

It causes me to lightly smile because I was not going to kiss him back if he would have kissed me. This makes me feel less pressured and more calm.

"I'll kiss these lips when you're ready." He stares down at my mouth and then looks into my eyes.