"You never know."

I nod in understanding as he grabs a bottle for himself and then shows us out of the room, locking it.

"Were we supposed to be in there?"

"It's fine." He says and puts his hand on my back again.

We end up in a living room, full of what I can only assume is all of the ultra popular people's space.

I recognise cheer squad members as well as more hockey players. Other people who are granted elite status based off of how big their trust funds are.

I think I just overheard a guy say that he's angry because even after the hefty donation his father paid an Ivy League, he still won't be given a place.

Well, as Taylor wisely said, "There's only so far new money goes."

"Sit." Darius tells me.

I do so, lowering myself onto a sofa.

He sits next to me while the last spot is left unoccupied.

"What now?" I ask.

"What do you mean?"

"Are we just going to sit here the whole time?"

"Is there something that you want to do? I can take you to go and dance. You 're a dancer."

"Ballet. Very different. And that'll still be a no, thank you. And it's not that I'm particularly interested in anything, I was just wondering."

"Okay. Well, are you sure?"

I nod my head and he ponders for a second.

"Yeah. Not happening."

"What?"

"Hey, losers! Gather around. We're playing truth or dare." Jeremy announces.

Darius turns to me and grins.

"Absolutely not." I shake my head.

"Too bad." He says. "We're already in the space."

I look around to find that people are indeed, gathering around the general vicinity of this side of the room.

I knew I should of stayed home. This game scares me more than a life without the colour pink.

Okay, maybe not as much as that. But still a lot.

"Who's starting?" A girl I recognise as Emily Rey asks.

"I will." Lee raises his hand, facing Oakley. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare." Oakley smiles.

"I dare you to not drink for the rest of the night."

Oakley's face falls and he groans. "Not fucking cool, man."

"A dare is a dare." Lee says, taking away the beer can from his friend's hand. "And i'd rather there not be any jail time tonight."

I'm guessing he's the dad of the friend group.

I hear Darius chuckle beside me and I side eye him, still not happy about having to play this game.

I mean, I guess I could just get up and walk out but I feel like it's too late for that now.

"Whatever. Clay." He points to another guy. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth:" the boy answers.

"Have you and Charlie ever shared before?"

I wrap my arms around my middle, moving further into the sofa.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" He chokes.