Recovery and New Mentors

3rd person POV:

*hours after the fight*

Ichigo and (y/n) are seen lying in a room, both covered in bandages on the floor. Ichigo has one particularly large bandage stretching from his right shoulder to across his abodmen on his left side. A reminder of the fatal slash that the lieutenant landed ending their fight. In contrast (y/n) has bandaid along the majority of his body. With his torso being majorly bandaged due to the stab wound Captain Byakuya along with the cuts he littered across his body. The door opened waking neither of the injured boys, revealing a large muscular man with glasses and a handlebar mustache. The man stepped into the room walking quietly before placing his tall frame onto Ichigo. 

Ichigo POV:

My chest, feel so heavy and my body feels so warm. Am I dead? No I don't think I'd be able to think like this if I was. Dying then? Yeah. That makes sense, the last thing I remember is Renji's weird looking sword sawing through my body. If only I was stronger, no even then I still wouldn't have been able to take on the Captain. I could barely handle Renji. If  the roles were switched and I had to fight the captain and (y/n) had fought Renji... Would he have lost? Was I just in the way in the end? If I allowed (y/n) to handle it own his own would the outcome have changed? No. I can't allow myself to think like that it doesn't help anyone, least of all me. Speaking of I wonder what happened to Rukia and (y/n).... RUKIA, (Y/N). Forcing my eyes open I looked to my chest wondering how bad my wound looked only to be surprised to see a grown man laying there instead...A GROWN MAN

3rd Person POV:

AGHHHH! A scream pierced the silence of the room alerting the man on top of Ichigo to his awakening as well as waking up the injured (y/n). "So your up Ichigo? Urahara he's up!" The man shouts still on top of Ichigo. "Shut up..." A quiet mumble is heard by the two from (y/n) who is then seen rubbing his hands along his body, feeling the various nicks that Byakuya had given him.  "Yoruichi your's is up as well!" The man said before hopping up from on Ichigo. Giving the two a quick bow before leaving the room, once again letting it return to silence. Ichigo was uneasy having been woken up that way. (y/n) on the other hand, takes this moment to sit up, letting out a grimace of pain as he does. 

The two exchange a glance before looking down, letting their failure truly sink in. Each revisiting the moments of their fights were the decisive blow was made. The silence would continue until the room was once again opened, by a tall, lean man with light skin and gray eyes. His hair is messy and light-blond (almost pale), with strands framing the sides of the face and hanging between his eyes, and he has chin stubble. "your that guy from before right?" Ichigo asks, remembering him from the time Kon was acting up in his body. 

"Ding, Ding Ding! One point to Ichigo Kurosaki!" The man said a smile worn on his features. "But allow me to properly introduce myself, my name is Kisuke Urahara and the man who was sitting on your friend is Tessai. We found the both of you on the street after the battle and took it amongst ourselves to take you home." Urahara says smiling looking between the two swordsmen. "you shouldn't have..." Ichigo replies albeit it quietly. "We failed to save Rukia, and we were embarrassed by those soul reapers." (y/n) for once remained silent, not bothering to make a snarky retort towards Ichigo about what had occurred last night. "Is there still a way to save her Urahara?" ask (y/n) saying his words emotionlessly in case the answer isn't one he can understand. "There is... but as you two are now it might as well be a fantasy to you. " Urahara replies finally donning a serious expression. " IF THERE IS THEN TELL US URAHARA!" Ichigo sits up yelling before wincing in pain at his wounds. 

"I'll tell you, on one condition, you both train with me for ten days."Urahara says with his eyes lingering on (y/n) especially. "WE DON'T HAVE THE TIME FOR THAT, THEY COULD EXECUTE HER TOMORROW!" Ichigo yells refusing to wait for even a second. "Ichigo, as we are now even if we were to get into this "soul society" we still wouldn't be able to free Rukia." (y/n) says calmly having sat up from his resting position. " He's right. I let you fight Byakuya and Renji because I was sure it would help you understand. Ichigo... tell me, do you think you could take on 12 more Byakuya's? Or people even stronger than him?" Urahara says simply staring at Ichigo now, who remains silent. 

The door to the room opens again, this time a figure entering that only (y/n) recognizes out of the two injured soul reapers. "YOU?" (y/n) says, showing the first sign of surprise he's had during this whole conversation. "Who are you?" (y/n) ask squinting his eyes at the familiar figure from a car ride that seems so long ago. "Aww, please don't tell me you've forgotten my name?" She says laughing "My dear (y/n)" Ichigo watches the interaction with widened eyes, surprised that anyone would talk to the boy he's come to know in such a way. "You know that's not what I mean Yoruichi. " (y/n) says deadpanning. His answer brings a radiant smile to the women's face." Good for the next ten days, you both can call me sensei!" She says still laughing. Ichigo having only watch with widened eyes at this point finally speaks, "Your going to be training us?" even more confused than ever. He's never seen her, but he's determined regardless of his instructor to power through it, for Rukia's sake. "Yoruichi...can you really make me? no us." Ichigo says glancing at (y/n) quickly "stronger in just ten days?"Urahara looks at him smiling.

"In just ten days, I'll make you both strong enough to infiltrate the Soul Society!" Yoruichi say smiling.

Both Ichigo and (y/n) are about to embark on their first training journey. Will the teaching of Yoruichi and Kisuke be enough to get them into the Soul Society? Find out next time on Bleach!!!!!!!!

(P.S I'm so sorry that it took me so long to upload. But I couldn't find out how to formulate this chapter. Hopefully the chapters after this will be coming steadily. Anyways thanks for tuning in and I apologize for the short chapter! just wanted to get it out there so at the very least y'all had something! See you next week)