[Twenty] Arthur Dimitri 🦇 Prince of Darkness

Soul Cairn

"My Mother's Keeper"

The landscape of the Soul Cairn is barren and dry, with only dead trees and bushes scattered throughout the realm, as well as plant-like growths known as Soul Husks

The sky is perpetually bleak and cloudy, and lightning strikes constantly throughout the realm. There is no sun in the sky, but instead a single moon and a huge black circular void.

Numerous buildings and altars can be found throughout the land, alongside mysterious upright stones and circular crystalline structures. The crystal circles will replenish the health of any being that stands in them, although they will quickly dim and become inert after use. In the tallest towers, the uppermost sections are composed of blocks suspended in midair, rotating around the tower and emitting a purple light.

The realm is partitioned by an enormous fortified wall that divides the landscape, though it is unknown why. Magical barriers also block off certain areas.

══════════════════

"Are you sure your mother has the Elder Scroll?" Arthur asked with no emotion. His mood quickly changed since he found his friend's necklace. He still questioned why it was there. He always knew that Annie never took off that necklace as it was very important to her.

"No, but there's no way she would have left it in Tamriel. She wanted to get it as far away from my father as possible. I can't imagine a better place."

"And if she doesn't? I did all of this for nothing." Arthur tried not to sound too angry.

"Then we find out where she hid it. If she's still alive...well, as alive she was before. Or is now. Or...you know what I mean."

"Why not hide it in the Soul cairn and then return?"

"Probably to avoid whatever my father would do to her if he could get his hands on her." Serana told him, "Or maybe her plan was to come back, but she was stuck here. We won't know until we find her.