[ Ten ] A Legend is Born - Pt. 8: Before The Storm

Helgen'a Caves; Near Riverwood

I have escaped both my execution and a dragon attack at Helgen

I have escaped both my execution and a dragon attack at Helgen. I now have my freedom to do as I see fit in Skyrim. Hadvar suggested that I head to the nearby town of Riverwood. His uncle is a blacksmith there and should be able to help me.

"Listen, you should go to Solitude and join with the Imperial Legion

"Listen, you should go to Solitude and join with the Imperial Legion. We could really use some men like you." Hadvar said to us after we exit the caves and enter the bright morning light of Skyrim.

"Fuck." Art complained and hide his skin from the sun's rays. He covered himself and hide in the shadow.

Me on the other hand, I loved the sun and felt it was making me stronger as it warms my skin.

"And if the rebels have themselves a dragon, General Tullius is the only who can stop them." Hadvar continued.

Art started laughing which made Hadvar stop his track. "Sorry. But the General is one man against a dragon."

"He's a very intelligent man and strong too."

"Is he?" Art questioned the man. "Helgen is destroyed. People are dead. Men were burnt alive, screaming for mercy. All while General Tullius wasn't nowhere to be seen, not the elves."

"Art." I warned.

"The man is a coward. A coward that abandon his men." Art continue to walk forward, walking pass Hadvar, "Yet these people call us the monsters."

I followed Art and whispered to Hadvar, "Sorry. He's an assshole in the sun."

"GARRETT!" Art snapped at me with his red eyes beaming at me. His vampire features were showing like dark veins and fangs. I can sense the fear Hadvar had from looking at Art.

"Well, you are." I stood by him as he death glared at me. We stand on edge going up to a mountain top.

"See that ruin up there? Bleak Falls Barrow. When I was a boy, that place always used to give me nightmares. Draugr creeping down the mountain to climb through my window at night, that kind of thing. I admit, I still don't much like the look of it."