Chapter 23: Rewind

Third Person POV

The encounter of the father and son, amethyst was shocked. To think that the person that he hated the most, was here.

On amethyst perspective, time slowed down. As his father, hikaru kamiki. Was smiling.

It was the same, calming smile. But that calm smile, is eerily disturbing.

" How have you been? " Hikaru, asked his son. But amethyst, was silent. " You must be enjoying your nice life hm? "

Amethyst still was silent, his pupils was shaking. He has a lot of questions in his mind.

Like, how? When? Where?

" Ame-niichan! Can you take a photo of us now? " Ruby, approached amethyst. " Oh! Hello there! "

Ruby waved at kamiki, she thought that he was one of amethyst co-worker.

" Hello, ruby hoshino I presume? " Kamiki asked, while still having the same smile.

" Ooooh~! You know me~?! " Ruby, excitedly asked. " Umu! That is me~! The idol ruby hoshino! "

" Amazing! " Kamiki, acted surprised. " I'm a big fan you see? A really big fan "

" Oh! Thank you! Hehehe~ " ruby, thanked kamiki. " Oh! I almost forgot! Ame-niichan! Picture! Now! "

Ruby handed the camera to amethyst, as he slowly twisted his body.

" She became beautiful hm? Of course, she's my child after all " amethyst, hyperventilated.

" The same can be said to you.... You're my son. " Amethyst, heard kamiki. " Hmm... Did you forget? "

" W-what? " Amethyst, finally had slightly recovered from his panic attack.

" Oh surely you haven't forgotten? " Kamiki, muttered a bunch of ' we can't have that ' " the day you betrayed me? "

" Back then I only have done my duty, killing idols and actresses back then was just a way of revenge. " Kamiki told amethyst. " But now, as an adult. I thought that all of it was just me being childish. "

Amethyst was surprised, he didn't think that he of all people will try to repent.

" I wanted to change, you know? " Amethyst heard sobbing from his side. " I can't even sleep peacefully every night.... All of the people that I have killed are crying to my ears. Telling me that I should have been the one that died, not them. "

Amethyst, kept quiet and listened.

" I always tried to find ways to locate you guys... " Kamiki, told him. " I wanted to return the favor of being an incompetent father. "

Amethyst told hikaru to go in an alleyway, and he told ruby that they we're just going to have a talk.

Kamiki kneeled.

" I don't care if you won't forgive me... But at least.... I beg of you to take care of them in my stead. "

" You know.... " Amethyst, said. " This isn't like you... "

" Huh? " Kamiki was confused.

" I know when you're lying or not... " Amethyst, caught a glimpse of hikaru eyes. It was turning white. " I can tell if you're faking this or not... "

" But it seems you're being serious... " Amethyst sighed. " A father is a father.... No matter what you have done... If you have not made love with my mother... I would not have been here. "

" I forgive you.... Not as a person to a person.... But a son to his father. " Amethyst smiled.

The black star on amethyst right eye, became white.