‎‧₊˚✧ Chapter Eight ✧˚₊‧

WARNING- blood!

"I'd still appreciate it if you told me more about how to get out of here," My priority was getting out of this awful place, so I chose to ignore the possibility that he cared about me more than I believed. In addition to wanting to leave this pink place, I also needed to be with my friends and family. I wondered if they thought I was dead.

"This place consists of levels, and each one of them has its respective entities, as we are called. A Lot of them are extremely hard to get by if you haven't already suffered the effects of being here. Some levels aren't exactly meant for humans to live in, but luckily for you, there is something called almond water, it just enhances your healing." Kitty explained the situation calmly; it was probably the most I had heard from him.

"There is an exit that only us entities know of, I don't know why it's there, but I can help you get there." He finished speaking, and I looked at him. The only concern I have is the so-called entities he mentioned. The last one I encountered nearly killed me with seemingly little effort.

I hummed, taking a few moments to think before finally speaking.

"Alright, thank you. Can we try to get there soon? I don't want to be here any longer." I sighed with the hope of being released soon, within a few hours. I was aware that the process of getting out would be extensive. Based on my recent experience, I assumed each level would be equally horrendous, giving me the right to believe so.

"Yes, you may want to pack some things before we go. Just let me know when you are ready to leave." Then, Kitty left. His voice contained a slight hint of something, but it was unclear to me what it was. However, it gave me an uneasy feeling.

I nodded to myself, then made my way to the bedroom. Standing, I glanced around and mentally noted what I needed to pack. I was hesitant to pack too much out of fear it would slow me down.

I packed a few changes of clothes into a backpack. Then, I added bandages, rags, and a hairbrush to my backpack in the bathroom. Finally, I collected some snacks from the kitchen that would last me a few days.

After staring into space for a while, I entered the living room. Despite the persistent feeling of discomfort in my stomach, I had to return home and disregard it.

I removed my backpack from my shoulder and put it on the couch, then sat down next to it. Before leaving, I decided to watch one final movie. Interestingly, I felt a sense of sadness when saying goodbye to this cosy pink house. I had grown rather attached, since it provided a secure refuge from the hostile entities outside. Kitty's kindness made me wonder if this was the only 'safe place' among the levels.

I sank into the comfortable cushions and focused on the movie. It's best not to get worked up by worrying.

~~~~~

"Kitty, I'm ready," I called out while putting on my backpack. Out of the corner of my eye, a shadow appeared that soon resembled a humanoid figure.

"Y/n, when we are out there I need you to listen to me." He began speaking, pausing briefly to confirm my attentiveness.

"It is more dangerous than you think, and it will be a miracle if you make it out alive." After he finished speaking, I nodded my understanding. Although I knew I should follow the instructions, it felt unusual to receive orders from a non-human entity.

I followed Kitty's instruction. We spent the next few hours traversing through challenging environments unfit for human habitation. During this time, thoughts of my friends occupied my mind, and I longed to hear their voices and see their faces, the more time I spent here, the more my heart ached.