‎‧₊˚✧ Chapter Seven ✧˚₊‧

I slept for only a few hours. At the moment, I am in the bathroom, washing my face. I was still pondering where Kitty had gone and questioning if he had been dishonest about the existence of an exit. I hope he was not lying. The warm water felt pleasant on my skin, and I no longer felt unpleasantly unclean.

After patting my face dry with a towel, I left the bathroom and entered the kitchen. Standing with my arms crossed, I scanned the room to decide what to eat. Despite not feeling very hungry, I needed to eat something.

_

I prepared ramen for myself. I am surprised to find food in this place. A tall and dark shadow stood in the darkest part of the living room while I was eating. I recognized that it was Kitty, but I didn't want to speak to him at the moment because I was still a little upset with him.

Twirling my fork around, the noodles wrapping around the silverware, Kitty made a low noise, catching my attention. I turned towards him while slightly tilting my head, asking "yes?" I raised an eyebrow while waiting for him to speak.

"I am...sorry."

"For what purpose?" As I raised the fork to my mouth to eat the slightly cold noodles, I asked. I assumed he felt remorseful for either lying or leaving me like he did.

"For...leaving."

"Oh...well, it's fine. Shit happens." I shrugged slightly. He was apologizing, so I could not stay angry. I continued staring at him. He was tall. However, I was still somewhat disturbed by the fact that he had no face. I wished to inquire about the exit he knew of, but I feared he might leave once more.

Asking the question, "Would you like to watch another movie with me?" felt unreal. It seemed as if I had gotten too comfortable in this place.

"What.. movie?"

I got up from the couch and walked over to the DVD collection. I picked a random movie, which happened to be Finding Nemo - another favorite of mine. After inserting the disk, I sat back down on the couch and glanced at Kitty, who was facing the TV. I chose to remain silent and let both of us enjoy the movie in peace.

Admittedly, I cried at the beginning of the movie because it was sad. Throughout the movie, Kitty remained quiet and motionless, which prompted me to wonder if he ever got tired of standing.

"Kitty?"

"Yes?"

"Do you ever...get tired of standing?" I looked over to him, letting my hands rest in my lap. If I was gonna be stuck here I might as well befriend the creature right?

"No."

I hummed, nodding a little as I looked back at the TV, the credits were now rolling. I sunk into the couch and let out a loud sigh, causing Kitty to 'look' over at me.

"Something wrong?"

"Nope... just bored." I lied, I was missing my friends, I was missing the real world. "So about that exit?" I looked at him from the side of my eyes.

Kitty was silent for a minute. "It's dangerous." he finally spoke, he didn't want to admit that he somewhat cared for Y/N.

"Okay? I think I already experienced danger." I said as I stood, tilting my head to look up at him. He was unreadable, but I could tell his silence meant something.

"Still. I do not want you to get hurt."

I was surprised. Does Kitty have the capacity to experience human emotions? With my eyes slightly widened and face slightly reddened, I stared at him. After some time, I composed myself. "What? Why do you care?" I inquired while crossing my arms.

"I just do." He made his statement in a quiet tone, seemingly hesitant to reveal his emotions. I gazed at him and tapped my foot, pondering how to respond to his remark. I appreciate his concern, however, I have never considered a humanoid entity such as him capable of emotions. Please note that I am not referring to romantic love, as it is implausible.

---
A/N

ahh, i am so sorry if updates are slow, i have no motivation but i really want to finish this story.