‎‧₊˚✧ Chapter Five ✧˚₊‧

I woke up to the sound of pots clanging in the kitchen and the aroma of freshly made pancakes and bacon. I got out of bed and walked down the hallway to the kitchen where I stopped at the doorway.

It appeared that Kitty was having trouble opening the bottle of syrup while standing at the counter.

"Allow me." I took the bottle from him and successfully managed to unscrew the cap. 

"How did you sleep?" Kitty questioned as I poured a generous amount of syrup onto my pancakes. 

"I slept alright." I responded, refraining from asking 'how about you' out of habit. After picking up my plate, I proceeded slowly into the living area.

Kitty had disappeared again. I ate breakfast without thanking him for it. My mind wandered to my friends who may be worried about me or may already consider me dead.

~

After finishing my meal, I decided to take a shower to lift my spirits. Due to being confined to this location, options for activities were limited. As I stand under the warm water, I feel relief on my mostly healed wound. I contemplate potential escape routes, but acknowledge that there may be no viable options. The sound of the water slowly fades as my mind becomes lost in thought.

~

After showering for an extended period, I finally exited the shower and wrapped a towel around my body and a towel around my hair. After exiting the bathroom, I searched for a suitable outfit, dried my hair, performed a brief skincare routine, and trimmed my nails. As it was warm, I decided not to wear a shirt, although I did wear a bra.

I spent the day on the couch watching old DVDs. I saw Kitty standing in a corner, also watching TV. "Do you like Rapunzel?" I turned towards the tall figure in the corner. He appeared to ponder my question before quickly responding with a 'yes'. "This movie was my favorite when I was growing up." I laughed, remembering how many times I've watched Rapunzel. I had seen the movie so many times I almost knew every word.

"It's a good movie... catches my attention," Kitty emerged from the shadows and spoke. I started feeling more at ease around Kitty as he had not shown any signs of hostility and even helped me. Maybe he was not so bad.

"yeah... oh- I'm sorry about the, uh, hole I put in your wall.." I trailed off, recalling the dangers that await me outside of this cute home.

"No need to apologize. I can understand why you did it," He replied, maintaining his usual stiff posture. I found Kitty intriguing: how can he pick things up without hands and speak without a face? Then, an idea came to mind.

"Kitty...can I try something on you?" I stood up from the couch and nervously played with my fingers while waiting for the creature to respond.

"depends on what it is..." The hesitance in his voice, as if my question frightened him, made me wonder even more about what this place was, who 'ran' it, and what happened when no one was here.

"It's nothing bad, give me your hand." I requested his hand, and after some hesitation, he reached out his long and lanky arm with a stub-like hand that looked peculiar, not being fully a stub nor a functional hand. While still holding onto his arm, I found myself distracted and failed to notice Kitty's nervousness. The skin felt cold and leathery.

~~

AN: hello! yes, I'm alive, I'm sorry I haven't updated anything. it's been a while, a lot has happened. I feel bad for not being on this app more, I tried responding to a few comments.

I can't promise a lot of updates, I'm going to Florida soon so I wanted to get a few more chapters of this book out.

if you wish to, you can join my discord server. I spend most of my time on there.