‎‧₊˚✧ Chapter Three ✧˚₊‧

I slowly opened my eyes and found myself staring at the familiar ceiling of the hallway. I sat up and rubbed my eyes to wake myself up. I looked around but the flashlight was missing. I furrowed my brow and let out a sigh.

Standing up, my back made a cracking sound. Looking up and down the hallway, I tried to recall the direction I came from. Afterward, I chose to turn right, and the weak echoes of my footsteps reverberated against the walls.

I stopped at a four-way intersection. Since none of the hallways seemed to lead anywhere, it should not matter which path I choose randomly, right? Suddenly, the hair on the back of my neck stood up. I quickly turned my head to look behind me, but there was nothing there.

"You're just making yourself paranoid y/n. Calm down." I whispered to myself while taking deep breaths. I walked down the correct hallway and arrived at a door labeled '2' at the end. This door appeared similar to every other door in this hallway. As I reached for the handle, I suddenly backed away due to a loud screech that sounded from far away.

I quickly placed my hand on my side and turned around, facing the long and empty hallway. I stared ahead, hoping to detect any signs of activity.

I called out, but received no answer. I waited for a response, but none came. I relaxed my shoulders, shook my head, and dismissed it as my imagination. I reached for the door handle again, pulled it open, and gasped in surprise. None of the other doors had budged, so I wondered why this one did. Slowly, I opened the door, and an iridescent white light blinded me. I covered my eyes with my arm and stepped through the door. When I uncovered my eyes, I saw another hallway, but this one was lined with pipes on the walls and ceiling.

The temperature change was immediately apparent, as this hallway was significantly hotter than the other. Upon looking over my shoulder, I noticed that the door was no longer there. Seeing that the door had been replaced by yet another seemingly endless hallway, I couldn't help but feel disappointed. I looked forward and proceeded down the hallway, periodically wiping sweat from my face.

I sat cross-legged on the floor after stopping, realizing that the pipes were burning hot - a fact I had learned earlier. I used my hands to pull back my hair and keep it away from my neck. Feeling relieved that my hair was not sticking to my skin, I felt somewhat cooler. While releasing my hair, I wiped away some sweat from my forehead with one hand. However, the strands of hair stuck to my neck once again.

I stood and grabbed the bottom edge of my shirt. After stretching it out, I tied it into a knot just below my chest. I sighed, desiring a hair tie or water. I began to move down the corridor again, feeling my legs ache with each step.

I decided to take a break and sat down on the ground after walking for a few moments. I have no particular urgency to go anywhere, except to leave my present location. I lay on the cold floor, which was a surprise. To avoid a headache, I supported my head by placing my hands underneath it.

Eventually, I dozed off, unaware of the entity lurking in the halls.

I was awoken by the sound of growling, I tensed and stiffly got up. What I saw made my stomach turn and my heart drop.

I saw a four-legged, dog-like creature with long black hair. It looked like a human. Suddenly, the creature attacked me, but I quickly dodged and ran away, sprinting down the hallway. I could hear the creature growling and running after me, which forced me to increase my speed despite my exhausted legs and lungs.

After a prolonged period of running, I was abruptly pulled around a corner and pressed against an object that felt both cold and warm. The creature dashed beyond me and sprinted down the hallway I had intended to run along. After recovering my breath and recalling that someone had pulled me away from the pursuit, I wheeled around and confronted the identical tall black figure that was lurking in the pink house.

I was frightened as the figure extended its long arm, and I became fixated on its assumed face.Just as I was about to flee, the creature dashed past me. Suddenly, I heard the creature yelp in pain and violently wrestle with a humanoid dog creature before I could locate its whereabouts. Uncertain of whether to assist the shadow or flee the scene, I hesitated.

Unfortunately, I didn't get much time to decide because the dog creature whirled around, snarling and foaming at the mouth, and bashed me in the side of the head with his hand-paw-like appendage. I screamed in pain as I was flung into the wall.

My head was knocked back into the concrete, and a ringing in my ears began to increase in volume. My vision blurred as I was able to catch a few glimpses of the shadow tossing the dog-like creature into a door before I passed out.

~

AN: I'm not sure how time works in the backrooms, but in this story, It will be sped up, ex: 4 days could be 4 months or weeks.

if you have any questions let me know!

as always if you enjoyed this chapter feel free to vote and comment!

(also huge thanks to @Jgeek102 for helping me with this chapter! make sure to follow them and support their work!)