‎‧₊˚✧ Chapter Four ✧˚₊‧

My eyes opened, and I saw a pink ceiling as pain shot through my head. I reached behind my head and felt soft bandages neatly wrapped around it. I wondered who had wrapped my wound. I tried to sit up but my head throbbed with pain, so I winced and lay back down on the bed. The last thing I remembered was being thrown into a wall. My lips and mouth were both dry. How long had I been out?

The walls and bedsheets of light pink hue revealed to me that I had returned to the small pink house. This indicates that the towering shadowy figure may be stalking the vicinity, and it could be observing me at present. While I was observing the door, I began to feel a pit forming in my stomach. Although I wanted to inquire about who had captured me, I'd already hypothesized.

While I was intently staring at the doorway, I failed to perceive the presence of something on my right. I emitted a startled scream and hurriedly moved away from the creature. This sudden reaction induced a headache.

I experienced intense pain, which caused disorientation as my surroundings became blurry. In response to the unbearable pain, I curled up in a fetal position on the pink bed and groaned.

I sensed a cold touch on my forehead, prompting me to raise my head and identify a blurry glass of water before me. With trembling hands, I grabbed the cup and gulped down the water in one go.

After the glass was empty, I extended my arm to return it to the person who gave it to me. As time passed, no one took the glass, so I looked up and saw a silhouette standing by the desk.

"H-here," I said, my voice hoarse and low. I frowned when the person didn't take the glass after a few seconds. Then, I put the cup on the bedside table. Since the pain subsided after drinking the water, I sat up to rub my eyes and see who was in the room with me.

After my vision cleared, I was confused to see that the silhouette was still present, resembling a shadow. Despite rubbing my eyes again, nothing changed. I stared at the figure thoughtfully and then realized that I had seen this creature before. I wondered how I had not recognized it earlier. Perhaps my injury was more severe than I had assumed.

"What-what happened?" I asked, my voice trembling, even though this creature was the only one who knew what was happening and my heart pounded in my chest.

After a few moments of silence, it seemed to be closer to me. I flinched in surprise since I didn't expect it to move so quickly.

"Can you talk?" I looked up at the creature, it didn't have a face, so I wouldn't be surprised if it couldn't speak.

"You were thrown into a wall."

I stared in shock with my mouth slightly open. The creature's voice was slow and disoriented, resembling a broken record; I deduced it was male. I sat there, blinking at the shadow, until he extended his arm towards me. I moved away from his arm, fearful of any potential harm he might cause.

He retracted his arm, letting it rest by his side before speaking again.

"You need to change your bandages."

I instinctively raised my hand towards the bandages before returning it to my lap. I twiddled my thumbs and contemplated whether to inquire about his name and my status in this place or if it would be prudent to refrain from doing so.

As if he read my mind, he stood in the doorway for a few moments before saying, "You may call me Kitty." and then left. I stared at the wall, trying to comprehend what just happened.

I collected my thoughts and unsteadily made my way towards the bathroom. I searched through the cabinets and drawers in pursuit of a first aid kit or any other cleaning material to tend to my wound.

"Aha!" I pulled out a small container filled with medical supplies. I cautiously removed the bandages that Kitty applied on me. I fetched a small piece of cloth and hydrogen peroxide, opened the container, and poured it onto the cloth.

I pulled my hair away from the wound before dabbing it with the rag. Afterward, I took clean gauze and gently wrapped it around my head.

Shuffling slowly down the hallway and into the living room, I noticed no sign of 'Kitty', which slightly relieved me. I am uncertain how long I was incapacitated or what species the animal with human characteristics was, but I unequivocally do not want to encounter it again.

Sitting down on the couch, I picked up the TV remote and browsed through the channels. I didn't find anything interesting. I let out a loud sigh, then got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen.

While making eggs and pancakes, I couldn't avoid the sensation of being observed. Consequently, I frequently checked over my shoulder and around corners.

Next, I brought my plate back to the living room. When I placed it on the coffee table, I noticed a small bin with some DVDs sticking out of it. I perused through the assortment of disks with a big smile on my face.

Finally, I selected 'poltergeist' after a lengthy decision-making process. The available options were limited and not of high quality.

After finally becoming comfortable on the pink couch, I started to eat my food. At the midpoint of the movie, I saw a shadow standing to my right, but I dismissed it assuming it to be Kitty.

"What is this place?" Finally, I asked, turning my gaze towards the tall, dark figure. My heart rate increased as I looked intently at Kitty, who was quite peculiar. He resembles a shadow, yet he's not transparent.

Moments went by and he didn't respond.

"Did-did you give me that water?" I uttered, shifting uncomfortably.

"Yes."

"How? You have no hands!" I raised my voice slightly, Kitty stayed silent and moved his arm slightly.

"I'm...not sure. I just wrap my arm around things," He replied, and it appeared that he was becoming more proficient in his speech. Although his voice sounded peculiar, I was able to comprehend him. At the moment, he does not exhibit hostility.

I nodded and stood up, "I'm uh... I'm going to sleep." I spoke softly while glancing over my shoulder. As Kitty had left, I walked down the hallway and returned to the master bedroom. Although I found it hard to believe that he could perform daily tasks without hands, I tried not to let it bother me. Despite feeling uneasy around him, I convinced myself that it was only because he was a peculiar humanoid creature and proceeded to the bedroom.

While getting into bed, I pulled the pink blanket to my chin and snuggled under it. The stuffed animals bordering the bed brought me comfort that words couldn't capture. As I dozed off, someone bid me goodnight. I was too exhausted to leave and identify its source.

______

AN: I'm sorry I haven't updated in a bit!! I've been unmotivated:( and I know this chapter is boring, but I needed Y/N and Mr. Kitty to talk. I promise the next chapter will be more interesting!

I'm also planning out a few more books ill be working on! so follow to stay updated with those:)

as always, if you enjoyed feel free to vote and comment! it's greatly appreciated!