"I'm glad you like it. Once we get out of this town, I'll make sure you have some of these everyday." "Ahh! Ahh!?"

"Mm..Okay--Maybe not everyday. Even big strong werewolfs need healthy food every now again. But I figured you'd be quite hungry. The...experiment probably left you weak..didn't it? That explains why you still don't know how to talk..."

She paused.

And, slowly, that happy mood dissipated and she fixed her gaze on her lap. Her chewing became slower.
And her smile was gone.

He gritted his teeth while holding her closer to his side, "I swear on my life. I won't let her get near you ever again."

He looked down at her, "Never again."

She held his gaze, but didn't seem to understand what exactly he meant by that. So she went back to her burger and started eating again.

He sighed, "Aren't we a sorry sight..We really need some help." His eyes hardened up again.

Tail and ears going stiff as she looked up at him with those eyes. Those beautiful eyes that swallow him whole and make him feel like his life was worth living.

He held his bleeding side, "And I know just who...

..can...

he..lp...

US

You woke up. You sat up in bed with Mom, a horrible headache washing over you. It hurt so bad, your ears went flat as you hissed in utter pain.

But it was still dark outside. Mom was still asleep too. Tears tracked her cheeks as she let out a small hiccup in her sleep.

You let a trembling hand dry them away, brushing her until nothing but evened breaths sounded within her.

Being this close to Mom..made you scared. But being away from Mom made you scared too. It was incredibly confusing. But there was one thing, you knew for sure.

Whether this was what you wanted or not-

"Mom." You whispeared, "Momma, for the entire year that Dad is gone. Until you and I can see Dad again...I'll protect you. I won't let anyone hurt you ever again. I swear on my life."

"...."

But Aphmau remained umoving at your declaration.

And that was okay - you sighed and layed back down - You wanted her too, afterall.

Then, eyes slipping shut, you let your mind succumb to darkness once more.

And went to sleep.

|𝓣𝔀𝓸 𝓜𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓱𝓼 𝓛𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻|
𝙀𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 1: 𝘼𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚...

"Neita?...Neita, wake up." Your eyes jolted open. Trying to focus your vision, you looked around the small space, fisting your hands into your shorts.

"Abuela? Are we..there yet?" "Hm? Oh! Not yet..but..I just wanted to talk with you about a few things before we arrive. Is that okay?"

"Uhm..." You looked into the front seat of the car a little nervously, sighing in relief when seeing that Mom went to sleep.

She was restless, sure, but still asleep.