31

The next morning came and at exactly 8:43 Danny found herself already unable to think straight. Somehow, throughout the night, she and Baji had ended up right next to each other. She would have been fine if he had just had an arm or leg on her, but that wasn't the case. She literally could not move.

She felt her blush deepen once again when she looked down at his arms that were wrapped around her torso. Whichever god thought this would be funny, FUCK YOU!!! she mentally cursed as she tried to move her good arm. Seeing as that was the side she was lying on, she failed. It didn't help that Baji practically had a vice grip on her either. Her face went even redder when she felt a breath against the back of her neck. God, I sincerely apologize. Please send help. If she had access to her good arm, she could probably easily get out of this situation. After all, last time she had to wake him up, a simple flick to the forehead sufficed. But now that she couldn't even do that, she was stuck. Flustered and stuck.

Finally, as if her prayers were answered, she heard the sound of her mom's footsteps coming down the stairs. Her head perked up and, once her mom came around the corner and spotted her, she loudly whispered, "HELP!!!"

It took her a moment to register what was going on, but once she did, her mouth went agape before a grin formed on her face. She quickly went back upstairs, leaving her daughter to quietly freak out. A few moments later, she came back around the corner with a camera in hand. Before Danny even had the chance to say a word of protest, she took a picture. "This is a keeper."

With a loud groan of both frustration and embarrassment, Danny threw her head back slightly. With a "thud," it made contact with Baji's forehead, issuing a groan of pain from him. "The hell...?" Once his eyes opened, he froze. Slowly, the realization that Danny was directly in front of him set in. That he had his arms around her. Quickly, he let go of her and sat up, a string of apologies flooding from his mouth as a light pink colored his cheeks.

"Aww, you two are so cute together!" Yoko cooed, making their blushes deepen.

"Mom!" Danny exclaimed as she quickly sat up.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend, Danaju? And-"

"Mom, we're just friends!" she quickly interjected. "My hand got hurt, so I couldn't drive, so he just drove me home. And it was too cold for him to walk home, so I told his stubborn ass to sleep over. That's it!"

A pout formed on her face at the rather disappointing news. "Aww, that's too bad..." Then she looked at Baji who was still blushing slightly from the whole dabocle. "Well, Baji, I'd assume?"

"Y-yes, Ma'am," he quickly affirmed, straightening up his posture a bit.

She offered him a smile. "If you ever want to date my daughter, you have my blessing."

That made both teens blush even more, if that was even possible for Danny at this point. Where's the toaster...?

~

"Eh? You... got me a kimono?" Danny asked in surprise as Sayu held up the set of clothing. It was dark green with golden bamboo designs printed all over.

"Mhm," Sayu said with an eager nod paired with a big smile as she held the garment up. "Besides, remember what you said?"

"I'm through with this lie, Sayu. I won't change the way I act, but I'll present myself as what I really am."

"Yeah... but I haven't worn one of those in years," she replied with an awkward chuckle. The last time I wore one was when I was what... eleven?

"I'll help you, silly," she said with a chuckle.