6

The next day came and by the time I got up, Take was already gone. "I wish he'd stop leaving me in the dark..." I grumbled as I styled my hair in the bathroom. After I was done with my hair, I grabbed one of my random black anime shirts, a checkered zip-up hoodie, making sure to pull the sleeves up, black sweatpants, and my only pair of sneakers.

Hungry and not in the mood to cook, I went to one of the restaurants in town. Also, I found out that I'd be pretty much by myself today since Sayu was on a family trip. Despite that, it felt nice walking through the city, just taking my time. I didn't have to worry about getting myself motivated for a deadline, or hurrying in order to just get back to work. Even though this is all happening for some reason decided by some sort of higher power, this was just the breather I needed.

Soon enough, I made it to one of the restaurants I remembered liking and-

"What the hell man?"

Is that Mikey?

"Someone's gonna pay for this. There's no flag in my kid's meal!"

Yep, I thought upon hearing him again and actually seeing his hair past Kenny's own unmistakable style.

"I ordered a kid's meal and it's not a kid's meal without a flag!"

"Here you go, Mikey, here's your flag," I heard Kenny say.

"Oooooooh! Alright, Kenny, you did it!"

I chuckled to myself a bit as the waiter walked away, a bit awkwardly, to help another table.

Then, Mikey's gaze suddenly locked with my own. "Hey! Danny! Come over here and sit!" he exclaimed with the smile he had from the kid's flag still present.

How can one guy have such handsome looks, and be the cutest thing to exist? I thought as I walked over to them. "Hey, I didn't expect to see you guys here," I said as I sat in the spot Mikey had made for me.

"Yeah, we're just grabbing a bite to eat before heading out. You should join us," Mikey said, already having his mouth stuffed with food.

"Sure, I got nothing going on," I agreed before ordering.

As we ate, we just idly chatted. Before Mikey passed out, at least.

"That's it! I've had it!" Kenny exclaimed with an annoyed scowl. "Damnit, I hate the way you fall asleep after you eat," he grumbled as he got up.

"Every time?" I chucked as I got out of the way.

"Without fail," he grumbled as he got Mikey onto his back. "I swear, he's so hopeless..."

After paying, we left and started walking the streets, Kenny carrying Mikey still.

"How's your hand holding up?" he asked as we crossed a street.

"Not too bad," I replied, lifting it up. Unlike the first few days, it was close to being back to my hand's normal size, and it didn't hurt every time I jostled or bumped it. There also weren't as many bandages now. "I can write with it at least. Still can't throw much of a punch though."

"Hm." He nodded. "I still can't believe you punched a bat," he chuckled slightly.

"You and me both," I chuckled. "So, what are you guys up to today?"

"On our way to give our respects right now. That girl shouldn't have been brought into this mess."

I nodded, not knowing what to say. I couldn't even imagine what she's going through. After having something like that happen, I wouldn't even know how to go on. In this day and age, you're expected to live life normally. But how are you supposed to continue on as if nothing happened after something like that happened? "Do you want me to come in too?" I asked, not knowing what to say.