★ 18 | Rocks & Stories ★

Start from the beginning

...

And for once in my life, i'm scared to believe it might be true.
.
.
.
.
"Pfua" I cough, setting my hands on my knees and wiping the exhaustion from my lips before looking up ahead, over to a place I thought I'd never see again. In front of me Tweek stands by the edge of a pond, the fall wind stroking through his hair and the trees closing in on the pond and whistling with a familiar honeyed hum to my ears that sing me a sweet lullaby creased up deep inside my memories. Somewhere that no matter how far I reach I cant fish out.

But Tweek...he...just...
he just looks beautiful...

Surrounded by leaves of all colors and with the light of the sun still shining down on him. Lighting up his horns and prominent features on his face. Lighting up the flame in his eyes of a story that speaks millions.

Yet why do I feel so...so tense? Why do I have this aching stress holding down on my chest everytime I look up at him?

Whatever the reason may be, I brush off the thought from my mind and vow to not think of it until later. Because something in my heart tells me that it'll be promised to be answered later.

Walking up to him I stand by his side and look ahead, where dark shades of blue move along the bristling pond in a tuned rhythm.

you win dork.
"I admit defeat"

"I thought you were into the running?" Tweek muffled a laugh, eyeing the leaves lightly coat the surface of the pond. Something so beautiful that I've only seen with someone else in my life, and now I'm seeing it with him. A reminder of summer ready to leave and welcome fall to the land. Setting it with all kinds of colors rich of life.

"Oh how humorous." I gently nudge him on the shoulder and we sit down on the edge of the pond, the edges of our shoes faintly touching the rim of the water. Somewhere you'd only expect to find rocks of all shapes and sizes being lost at the bottom of the pond, filled with stories that recount the lives of everyone who's been here, cried here, laughed here and most importantly lived to their fullest here.

Tweek carefully grabs a rock and flicks it out of his hand, making it hop twice before it sinks with the rest of the other rocks.

And well, maybe I'd like to believe that every rock does have a story.

...

"I remember"

"You remember...?" I faintly say, curious for his next words and surprised by the sudden gain of memory. He remembers...what?

"What do you remember?" I say, sounding a little bit more desperate but I give him time to thoughtfully organize his thoughts before telling me. In the meanwhile I copy his actions and throw a story of my own into the pond alongside his and many others. Hoping that maybe someone could find mine and end my story with a new beginning...

"I came here, when I was a kid," he exhales, carefully leaning down beside me and putting his head over my shoulder. And his sudden actions cause my heart to jump in place...fuck pay attention Craig.

"Seriously?!-'' my voice crows and I cough, adjusting my posture. "sorry-I mean actually?"

"What, you don't believe me?" Tweek looks up at me with a pout from my shoulder. aH?? no no! Tweek I do believe you it's just...It's hard to concentrate when you're...leaning down against me...

And It feels like it getting hard to catch my breath...actually is it getting hot in here?!

"No! of course I do, Tweek I-"