Disclaimer and Ending Note (Please Read)

Hello and Good Day my Beautiful Readers!

This is your Internet Unnie here for just a quick disclaimer/note/advice.

If you are reading this, it means you have made it to the end of my book, for which I am eternally grateful.

I just wanted to say that this work is pure fiction. None of the characters are actually real and if they resemble anyone real or anyone you know, then it is a coincidence. This is just a story for entertainment purposes. Not anything else.

And I don't say that just as a legal disclaimer (though I hope this serves that purpose too). I hope this also reminds you that this is just fiction. None of the tropes, romances or situations here are real. And most likely won't occur in reality. I especially want to emphasize that most boys don't look like Cha Eun Woo and Hwang In Yeop (Lee Suho's and Han Seojun's character actors) and someone like these characters would probably be toxic or problematic if they did any of the things they did in this book and also in True Beauty, in real life. The same goes for the female characters and actors. My greatest fear is that some kid will read my writing and think that they want the same thing and expect life to deliver the same rom-com-enemies-to-lovers trope for their relationship. Because that is not realistic and having unrealistic expectations causes more harm than good.

I know this, because I have been through it. I read a ton of rom-com novels as a kid, and I began to expect those situations in real life. But that became such a problem that I needed therapy to realize how ridiculous I was being. Bad boys are generally bad. They are not hidden soft boys who only need a girl to fix them. And if you reject a person just because they don't look like these actors you were hoping to end up with or doesn't act as cool as these fictional characters, then you might end up missing out on a real and wholesome relationship because you were judging the other person through a fictional lens.

(Don't even get me started on the body image issues I have because of the female actresses and and the strict standards they adhere too.)

So I while I hope you'll be entertained by my work, I hope even more that you'll treat it as such, as only entertainment. And I hope you'll look to life and find the true beauty that it has to offer.

(Also side note. If you are like me and you turn to books to escape from your life, then that indicates there is something in your life to escape from. Something bad. Rather than seek refuge in fiction, try to fix the thing you're escaping from. You might not be able to make a huge change as a kid, but you definitely can as an adult, so don't give up, okay? And don't ignore real life. It's better than fiction, because you actually live in it.)

Thank you. I hope you are happy, healthy and safe, wherever you are.

Love,

Salem.

TL;DR: Don't believe these fictional stories. They are just that, fiction and will set you up for unrealistic and likely problematic expectations that will leave you unfulfilled and unhappy. Learn your reality from life itself and treat books only as entertainment, and nothing more.