Chapter 11

Location: Heaven, Then Hell
Time: 21:47
The Forbidden Kiss

The moon hung low in the night sky, casting a soft glow over the deserted park just in front of the house. Cleo's heart raced as she layed underneath Jesse, the enigmatic woman who had inserted herself into her life. The air crackled with tension, a palpable energy that seemed to draw them closer together.

Jesse's piercing blue eyes bore into Cleo's, her gaze filled with a mix of danger and desire. She took a step forward, closing the distance between them. Cleo's breath hitched, her mind torn between the warnings of her girlfriend and the undeniable pull she felt towards Jesse.

As they bent into the mattress, mere inches apart, Cleo's thoughts raced. She knew she should resist, that this connection was dangerous and forbidden. But there was something about Jesse that made her question everything she had ever known. Jesse had impressed her mother, babysat Cleo and took care of her when nobody else had. Cleo's mother, being homophobic would be livid.

It only made her anticipate further.

Jesse's hand reached out, her fingers gently brushing against Cleo's cheek. A shiver ran down her spine, and she couldn't deny the electric current that surged through her body. It was as if they were two magnets, drawn together by an irresistible force.

Cleo's mind was a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. She knew she should push her away, run as far as she could from this dangerous attraction. But in that moment, logic and reason were drowned out by the pounding of her heart.

Their faces drew closer, their lips almost touching. Cleo's eyes fluttered closed, surrendering to the intoxicating moment. But just as their lips meet, a voice shattered the fragile bubble they had created.

"Cleo! What on earth do you think you're doing?"

Cleo's eyes flew open, and she saw her mother standing a few feet away, her face a mask of shock and disapproval. Panic surged through Cleo's veins, and she stumbled back, breaking the connection with Jesse.

"M-Mom, I..." Cleo stammered, her voice trembling.

Her mother's eyes narrowed, her lips pressed into a thin line. "I can't believe you would do this. Is that how I raised you?"

Cleo's heart sank, the weight of her mother's words crashing down on her. She glanced back at Jesse, who stood there, her expression a mix of regret and longing. It was clear that their forbidden connection had just been exposed, and the consequences would be severe.

As her mother stormed towards them, Cleo knew that this was just the beginning of the challenges they would face. Their love, if it could even be called that, would be tested in ways they couldn't yet imagine. But in that moment, as Cleo's hand brushed against Jesse's one last time, she couldn't help but wonder if it was all worth it.

To be continued...