Cleo's diary entry

Monday: 17:46
Location: running back and fourth in bedroom
Everything sucks______

Dear diary

Remember when I said I had a crush on a grown woman?

You do?

Well do you remember that sometime before that day, I asked moma if she knew anything else about that said grown woman?

You do? impressive

If you're memory is so great them you must've of remembered that moma ha invited that same grown woman to dinner?

Oh, you don't remember that?
Well don't fret because I don't  either!

I have approximately 45 minuets to get ready for an event I didn't know was gonna happen until just now.

You might be thinking, if you're in such a rush why are you writing in this flimsy diary you hide in your underwear drawer?

Well, I don't know why either, you see there are a lot of things I don't know, another thing being why the freak would my mother keep this undercover for so long.

40 minuets left?

Well I better not procrastinate and actually get ready

To be continued
Cleo

PS. I have nothing to wear!
----
Well,

All I can say is that it's officiall

There is more ways for one to embarrass themselves that I heve yet to discover, but i think I'm getting warmer encounter by encounter.

It was awkward, stomach churning and full of utensils clanking and silence.

I'll give you the full low down

1 hour ago

She entered my house like she's  lived here for years, she took her shoes off at the door and everything.

Mom ushered her into the kitchen talking about gas prices or something, no suprise there.

I sat in the living room, watching tv until I smelt the roast from the kitchen,
Hey my mom may be a bitch but she can cook a mean roast dinner.

We had dinner, which was good despite the questions like "how is school" and "what are your hobbies" yknow just awkward stuff.

Until mother dropped the bomb by asking 'Are you married?'

I  paused, looking cautiously between the two adults, Jesse sighed quietly under her breathe, it makes me wonder how she is calm all the time?

I sink further into my chair as mom gives her an encouraging look.

"I'm single at the moment." she sais, a thin smile on her lips. I smile back at her, even though she isn't looking at me, my heart runs faster, excited and giddy,

I stuff my face with brocolli before I become jelly.

Mom stares, I kick her shin ever so slightly and she recollects herself,

" Oh, really? A lovely woman like you should be married and happily caring for her children"
She sais confused

I open my mouth in shock, she just embarrassed herself and me and Jesse in the matter of 10 seconds.

she smiles again, It's a fake one though. She still hasn't realized how messed up of an answer she just gave.

I would've rather had her stare instead, I send an apologetic look her way for her to just smile awkwardly again, that's when I realize it's time for dinner to end
--
I watch Jesse tie her boots in shame, even though I didn't ask for this dinner she accepted and came anyways, she dealt with my moms stupid questions and she was polite when she didn't have to be.

"Jesse, I'm sorry about what my mom said to you" as I pass her-her coat from the rack.

"Don't sweat it," she chuckled, we walked towards the front door. " I had a good time,"

Before I could apologize again, mother calls me to do the dishes so I have to cut it short.

We share our good byes, and she leaves my porch. It felt like a Disney movie or a fairytale.

She turned around and gave me one more wave, I wave back and she disappears into the night-
-
So yeah that was the disaster that happened.

It could've just ended like that but thing changed for the better.
as I was washing the dishes, my phone buzzed, thinking it was Leila, I threw my gloves and opened Instagram.

Jesse🙈 liked your most recent photo

This night just changed for the better.