𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒

Hey everyone!

Hope you all are doing fine!!

Here is the next one! I hope you all enjoy it!

Fill in with lots of love with your votes and comments, for they genuinely make my day!

Happy reading! 🌻

|•|•|

May 2020

Pune

Indian Defence Station, Indian Air force

Quarter No. 15

Letting Go. It is perhaps the easiest to say and toughest to follow. It is a phrase we more than often use when we are one of those moments in which we do not know that holding onto things is just keeping us away from moving forward. Ironically enough, the art of letting go is what we learn and un-learn all our life. We might let go of people, of things and we in our entire life span do so, more than frequently but what about moments? How do we let go of them, the ones that walk alongside us, till the very last? Those breathing moments which at times withhold the element of life in them? Our life swings in between, tossing on the ends of holding on and letting go. But what makes this edge edgy is the very fact that how our mind juggles endlessly and painfully to let go of our tightly held attachments and somewhere, detachments too.

As draining and excruciating it is to let go of attachments, it at the same time allows us to think and envision in a different light. It is that clung on attachment which oftentimes refrain us from letting go of those essence filled moments, those serene chunks of memories, those people who left us after contributing their bit, those things with which we grew up and why not, we are humans and so it is rightly justifiable. Haply, why we find it difficult to let go is because we’ll have to let go of a cent of our bit along with it too, and that’s definitely not easy.

Hence this is the very reason, why Karan is having a tough time convincing his inner self. How can he simply accept the fact that his wife was supposed to be on a mission, and he would have no other option but to pray? It was not that he wasn’t aware about how these things work but well, it was something inexplicable from his end and something incomprehensible from anyone else’s end whose partner was not someone who would go on these life threatening as well as the same time, life saving missions.

The last night was spent in a blur; it was like a faded reality. Monami and Karan did nothing but simply slumped against the headrest of their bed, with their fingers entwined with each other, whilst her head rested on his shoulder and his head on hers.

They hardly had a time span of some two odd hours and so they made no efforts in vocal assurance or stating the obvious facts, instead they basked in the bodily warmth of each other, the silent affirmation that no matter what, they’ll be back to each other and that, that this was just a phase. The what ifs had taken a back seat, feeling insecure of the selfless sangfroid that was between them.

Hearing the blaring sound of her alarm, Monami’s grip tightened on their intertwined fingers before she heaved a deep sigh. She stretched her left hand that was free and turned it off, before feebly grasping Karan’s forearm and slightly turning her face, rubbing her nose on his shoulder, inhaling his breath, she leaned her face upwards, to witness him looking at her.

Karan softly bumped his forehead with hers, before curving his lips in a tender smile. “Chalo, jao ready ho jao.”

(Okay now, you go and get ready.)

Monami always knew that Karan was stronger than anyone could comprehend and she clearly knew what she just saw was nothing but just a sneak peak. She inhaled a deep breath, not once averting her eyes from his and gulping a lump she nodded. She won’t make it more difficult for this guy who has become so fucking essential to her being. But even in all this, she knew he cannot become her attachment, because she cannot afford it.